Chankanaab time questions?

wantocruisemore

Triumph's itinerary says the ship will be in Cozumel 9am to 5pm. I don't know if that is Cozumel time or not. Triumph is out of New Orleans.

So for my daughter's birthday we would love to make it an all day experience - swim w/dolphins, sea lions & manatees. For the dolphins I noticed the Royal Swim does a little more with the foot push and dorsal fin ride while the reg. swim does the belly ride but also lists snorkel. Who has done these? Most ones I see are either the Royal or the basic encounter which we want a swim. She has swam with dolphins before years ago in Florida, but had some problems with the foot push.

So how long does each one last?

Also, if the ship docks at 9am can we get to a 10am swim time? Or safer to do the Royal at 11am?

I've emailed the place with some questions but thought I would hear from the "true" experts for advice.

Originally had planned to do the swim through Carnival but the sea lions and the close distance has about convinced me to do it through Dolphin Discovery.

Also, what is the deal with the $10 increased price that includes swim (royal) + park + transportation. Where is the transportation from/to?

Somewhere on the Dolphin Discovery website I know it lists times of each program and the approximate length of the program.

I'd make it easy and just grab a cab, sometimes there are annoying restrictions on deal like that and honestly it most likely isn't saving you a whole lot. Come to think of it, the park is free/included when you book any dolphin program anyway, and I'm fairly sure we only paid $6/person to a taxi to get there to begin with.

I just got back from the Ecstasy and we went to Chankanaab Park. We didn't swim with dolphins, but did the basic package. We did not book the tour with the ship. We easily grab a cab at the port (it was $10 each way). It took us maybe 10 mins to get there...a very short ride.

If the ship docks at 9am, you may be cutting it close to get there by 10am. We were delayed getting off our ship due to another ship arriving in port also. So although we docked at 8am, we didn't get off until 9am.

If you have time, I highly recommend the private tour they offer. It's included in your park admission. A guide took us through the park and talked to us about the mayan history. He took my camera and took some beautiful pictures of my neice and I.

I hope you enjoyed the park as much as we did.

Archived