Parking at Boston Hotels while Cruising??

Couchiching

My husband and I are travelling by car to Boston in Sept where we will pick up our cruise ship. We are looking forward to spending a couple of days in Boston to see the sights pre/post cruise. Are any of the hotels offering parking while on the cruise provided you stay pre/post cruise?? We have done this before from Ft Lauderdale with LaQuinta but are not sure that they or other hotels offer this in Boston. Any advise?:):)

My husband and I are travelling by car to Boston in Sept where we will pick up our cruise ship. We are looking forward to spending a couple of days in Boston to see the sights pre/post cruise. Are any of the hotels offering parking while on the cruise provided you stay pre/post cruise?? We have done this before from Ft Lauderdale with LaQuinta but are not sure that they or other hotels offer this in Boston. Any advise?:):)

The Comfort Inn & Suites at Logan Airport has a Stay & Fly (or cruise) package. Several others around the airport also offer a similar programs .

Thanks for the reply. We are probably looking to arrive in Boston on the Wednesday September 15th although that is not cast in stone. We have just started to look at prices and are amazed at the $$ that some hotels are asking. I am sure that if we wish to stay out at the airport area the prices will be quite a bit less. We have to decide how important it is to be within the downtown core and whether there are any hotels willing to allow us to leave our car there while cruising. As we are driving, we will have our car at our disposal to travel into the city from the airport area but that might not be an ideal situation. There will porbably be about six other couples that will be joining us on our cruise (Jewel of the Sea Sept 18th) and will also be driving. I'm not sure at this time when everyone wil be arriving in Boston. I am about to check out Comfort Inn & Suites.

Thanks again for all info

Joan

Thanks for the reply. We are probably looking to arrive in Boston on the Wednesday September 15th although that is not cast in stone. We have just started to look at prices and are amazed at the $$ that some hotels are asking. I am sure that if we wish to stay out at the airport area the prices will be quite a bit less. We have to decide how important it is to be within the downtown core and whether there are any hotels willing to allow us to leave our car there while cruising. As we are driving, we will have our car at our disposal to travel into the city from the airport area but that might not be an ideal situation. There will porbably be about six other couples that will be joining us on our cruise (Jewel of the Sea Sept 18th) and will also be driving. I'm not sure at this time when everyone wil be arriving in Boston. I am about to check out Comfort Inn & Suites.

Thanks again for all info

Joan

I'm also on the the Sept 18th Jewel sailing. I booked my room back in 2010 at the Comfort Inn Logan. Got a better rate because of being a Choice Rewards member. If you register on line for their Choice Reward Program and get your number before calling you'll just might get a better rate.

Be flexible and think outside the box. You want to get "free" parking for the week and you want a good centrally located hotel at a reasonable price. Unfortunately these objectives are in conflict. I am assuming an arrival late in the day on 9/15. I would book Embassy Suites through www.trinityreservations.com for $203 tax included for the first night. That will cover your parking issues. For the next 2 nights I would book the 3 1/2* Back Bay hotel on Hotwire for $145 ($170 including tax). In the morning take a cab to Back Bay, get rid of your luggage, and set off to see Boston for the next 2 1/2 days. I know it's a PITA to move after one night, but IMO it would be even a more PITA to stay out at the airport for 3 days and run in and out of Boston.

The 3 1/2* hotel is likely to be the Sheraton Back Bay - across the street from the Prudential Center and its restaurants and shops and close to Copley Place. Newbury Street is a short walk and the "T" is nearby. You will have a life in the evening instead of being stuck in an airport hotel.

Another option is the $149 4* Waterfront hotel which would likely be the Westin. This is a very nice hotel close to the pier, but the surrounding area is dead at night.

Be flexible and think outside the box. You want to get "free" parking for the week and you want a good centrally located hotel at a reasonable price. Unfortunately these objectives are in conflict. I am assuming an arrival late in the day on 9/15. I would book Embassy Suites through www.trinityreservations.com for $203 tax included for the first night. That will cover your parking issues. For the next 2 nights I would book the 3 1/2* Back Bay hotel on Hotwire for $145 ($170 including tax). In the morning take a cab to Back Bay, get rid of your luggage, and set off to see Boston for the next 2 1/2 days. I know it's a PITA to move after one night, but IMO it would be even a more PITA to stay out at the airport for 3 days and run in and out of Boston.

The 3 1/2* hotel is likely to be the Sheraton Back Bay - across the street from the Prudential Center and its restaurants and shops and close to Copley Place. Newbury Street is a short walk and the "T" is nearby. You will have a life in the evening instead of being stuck in an airport hotel.

Another option is the $149 4* Waterfront hotel which would likely be the Westin. This is a very nice hotel close to the pier, but the surrounding area is dead at night.

Thanks for making me "Think Outside of the Box" I had not thought of using different hotels to meet our needs. Do you think if there were others in our group that they would be able to book the same hotel through Trinity Reservations and/or Hotwire? Is that the chance you have to take?

Thanks for al the info

I don't know what to advise you. My guess is that the deal with Trinity is that they prepurchase a block of rooms with parking from several hotels and once the rooms are gone, they are gone. In both Boston and Newark their offers (which include tax) are significantly below any rates that are quoted by other park/sleep vendors or the hotels themselves. If you look at a map you'll see that Embassy Suites is practically on the airport property - it's not in Saugus or Revere or Chelsea.

The 3 1/2* and 4* hotels are on Boston Hotwire all the time, but not always for every date. The Sheraton and the Westin Waterfront are convention hotels, so if there is no convention, they have rooms. Once again as you get closer to the date, these rooms will most likely disappear or go up in price. If you're a group of folks and are going to do things together in the evening, you might want to consider the Westin. The Westin is closer to the airport (cheaper cab fare to the hotel) and very close to the pier (also less cab fare). It is 1 block from the Silver Line "T", which will offer you transportation to downtown, the airport, and the pier should you choose to use it. The area is safe at night, but not exciting. There are a number of restaurants, particularly seafood places on the waterfront, but no urban indoor mall shopping. There is an Old Town Trolley stop at the Westin and near the Sheraton.

Bottom line is that the sooner you all can firm up your plans, the better chance you will have of taking advantage of the deals that are out there right now.

Archived