Tours in Ocho Rios, Jamaica

SSMarlin

We just returned last week and used Phil Lafayette tour. We had Tammy as our tour guide and she took great care of us. By the end of the tour, we felt like we were family. She took us to Dunns River and walked us in. She made sure she gave us all the necessary information to have a great experience at the falls. Plus she made sure we had a great tour guide at the falls. She stayed with the van which we left our stuff locked inside. Not once did I worry about leaving items in the van while we were at the falls. She then took us to great place to eat jerk chicken and pork. They also gave us a tour of the kitchen to see how everything was cooked. As she was driving around Jamaica she would explain things about the culture and history of Jamaica.

We had her drop off us off at the end at Margartiaville because we did not plan on being on a tour all day. I wish we would have stayed longer with her.

I had made reservations for 5 of us but once we got to port another family in our group decided to join us. We had a total of 10 people in our group which was "NO Problem". The van was very nice and comfortable. (also much newer than other tour vans that were around the port).

If we go back again to Jamaica....I will book with Phil Lafayette again! FUN TOUR!

We just returned from a cruise with a stop in Ocho Rios. We used Marva and Javia Shaw for our tour (knowjamaica.com). We had a group of 6 and did a private tour. It was great fun, we went with Javia, who was amazing. Wew were able to work with Javia to personalize the tour to what we wanted. We toured Ocho Rios, saw some special spots, stopped in Fern Gully to visit the Spice man, did some shopping, visited a school, did tubbing on the White River and had the most amzing lunch ever at a Jamaican jerk stand. I would highly recommend Marva and Javia. They were great to work with from the start. We did not have to pay anything up front. The cost of the private tour was $35 per person. They have more information about this and other tours on their website. This was one of, if not the, best tours we have ever done. We would definitly use them again and would recommend them highly. We loved our day in Jamaica. Many people, who elect to stay on the ship in Jamaica, miss the opportunity for a wonderful day in a beautiful country.

• 9 months later...

My family and myself did a tour with Tours in Ocho Rios April 14th, 2011 while cruising on the Carnival Liberty. I am not a person who is into big groups and rigid timelines. Tours of Ocho Rios was fantastic. There was a total of seven people in our group, the five of us and one other couple. The company supplied a beautiful new van with great air conditioning, most importantly they gave us an incredible driver named Rudolf (Rudy), he was so much fun. The Dunns Falls and white water tubing were great, but what really made the day so enjoyable was that Rudy left the schedule up to us. He let us a group decided how long we wanted to stay at each attraction. It was truly like having a private driver for the day instead of a tour group. When we got back to the van after Dunns Falls Rudy asked us if anyone wanted bottle water, soda or Red Stripe. He went and got it for us while we sat in the air conditioning. After the white water tubing I wanted to tip the tour guide 10 dollars but no one had change for my 20. Rudy asked me how much I wanted to tip, he gave the guide the 10 dollars for me. He must have know I would repay him later, but he never mentioned it. Rudy then asked where we wanted to go next, we all decided to go shopping, we went to a store with great customer service, our own personal shopper and free water and Red Stripe. I always try to book my tours outside of the cruise lines and this was my most successful yet. Rudy made our day, his van was our locker and we felt sucure with that, also while we were shopping Rudy bagged up our sandy water shoes nice and neat for us to carry. A wonderful day and tour to say the least. I would recommend Tours in Ocho Rios to anyone looking for a secure, safe and fun tour. If you have chance, ask for Rudy. By the way, I did repay him and gave him a nice tip.

Bernie 2000

Archived