Legend Aft Wrap

IB4cruise

I am looking to book an aft cabin on the Legend. I want a wrap and was thinking of deck 4. Are there other decks where the wrap cabin has a divided interior? In your opinion, is deck 4 the best choice? What about higher decks? Thanks for any insight you can give me.

Tom-n-Cheryl.....calling Tom-n-Cheryl...LOL :D

There are many of us here addicted to the Spirit aft-wrap suites. We think they are the best in the fleet. The ones on the 4th deck are the best of both worlds - with the multi room cabin and the covered HUGE balcony.

Tom (of Tom-n-Cheryl) is by far the most experienced and our expert. I am sure he will be checking in soon ;)

I think deck 5 is the only one that is not divided.. And we're sun worshippers so I wouldn't pick 4 either.. But it's all good. They all have awesome balconies.. We did deck 7 on the Miracle (same ship) and loved it..

We have had 8273 on the Spirit, Pride and Legend, 8268 on the Miracle. We like the divided cabin as well as the cabin size. Had 6329? on the Legend but did not like it as much because it was smaller. The cabins which can accomodate 3 people are a little bigger. The aft wraps on the Spirt class ships are the best in the fleet! Enjoy!!!

Thank you for the quick responses! The pictures look great, and inspire me to book quickly before they are taken. The balcony looks amazing. I am looking at March, and right now most of them are not booked. Is the sun mostly blocked on deck 4?

we have had 8273 on the spirit, pride and legend, 8268 on the miracle. We like the divided cabin as well as the cabin size. Had 6329? On the legend but did not like it as much because it was smaller. The cabins which can accomodate 3 people are a little bigger. the aft wraps on the spirt class ships are the best in the fleet! enjoy!!!

Absolutely....the best!!! :D

Thank you for the quick responses! The pictures look great, and inspire me to book quickly before they are taken. The balcony looks amazing. I am looking at March, and right now most of them are not booked. Is the sun mostly blocked on deck 4?

Yes, you will get very little sun, depending, of course, on the time of day, time of year, and direction the ship is moving. But the balcony is completely covered, like the balconies on the sides are. The other decks have a smaller overhang, more sun.

Just marking this thread as we're considering booking the Legend and I want an aft wrap!!!

They are awesome, I'll admit.. But are they worth the price? I don't think so.. The only reason we did one was because the in-laws paid for it for our honeymoon. But I can do a regular balcony for almost 1/3 the price. And if given the choice of doing 2 or 3 cruises in a 8A vs. 1 cruise in an aft wrap, I'll take the 8A in a New York minute..

We had 8268 on the Legend and LOVED it! The lido deck was right above us but we never heard the scraping of chairs like others complain about and it was very private. Since there was no actual deck above us really we could put the chairs out by the railing for sun and not have to fight on lido for a chair or if we wanted shade just moved it back a little or around the corner. I would book the room again in a heartbeat if I could.

We didn't pay the real price though for one. I had booked a standard balcony room and we were upgraded to the aft wraparound. That was back in the day when the free upgrade fairy still existed. We were on our honeymoon.

What about vibration and noise on deck 4? Also, on deck 6 and above, can passengers above you look down on your deck? Thanks again for your help.:)

We have not found vibration or noise to be an issue when we have had the cabins on 4.

Love the sound of the wake - and that wins out for us everytime!!

What about vibration and noise on deck 4? Also, on deck 6 and above, can passengers above you look down on your deck? Thanks again for your help.:)

There is a little more vibration in aft cabins. I don't think the deck matters much, all cabins in the back will feel it, but it's actually quite soothing, like sitting in one of those massage chairs. If you are standing at the rail, people above can see you, but this is true for most any balcony, maybe a little more so for the aft cabins because of the slope of the ship. But it is not like you have no privacy. It is only when you are at the rail that you can be seen from above. And the part of the balcony that wraps around the side is fully covered on all decks, so you will have more privacy and shade there.

We had 8268 on the Legend and LOVED it! The lido deck was right above us but we never heard the scraping of chairs like others complain about and it was very private. Since there was no actual deck above us really we could put the chairs out by the railing for sun and not have to fight on lido for a chair or if we wanted shade just moved it back a little or around the corner. I would book the room again in a heartbeat if I could.

We didn't pay the real price though for one. I had booked a standard balcony room and we were upgraded to the aft wraparound. That was back in the day when the free upgrade fairy still existed. We were on our honeymoon.

Lisa - that happened to us as well for our honeymoon. Well, not the aft wrap, but went from a regular balcony to what is now a 9B - it was great! We had an aft wrap on Valor and loved it and I especially like the layout of this room on the Legend. We'll have DS with us who will be 4, my other DD will likely room with friends. Not sure if DH will agree - it's $1000 more for the 3 of us over an 8M, which would still be on the AFT :eek::eek:!!!

Archived