Questions about NCL for teens!

Love_to_cruise16

I have a few questions about the Norwegian Gem/NCL in general since we're taking our first Norwegian Cruise soon (I've been on 4 RCL).

1). On Royal Caribbean they have daily schedules called "Compasses"...does NCL have these to tell what the teens are doing everyday etc. If so does anyone have those on cruise critic so I can take a look at them?

2). How's the teen program on NCL? Are there a lot of activities for the older teens? I'll be 17 when we go and since it's just me and my mom going I want to make some friends in the teen area or somewhere around the ship. Will there be a lot of teens?

3). What are some fun things to do on the Gem??

Thanks everyone!!! I really appreciate it! :)

P.s. I'll post this on the Norwegian Boards too

Hey There,

I don't have specific info as I just returned from the Spirit and my kids are 9 and 12, but my impression was that there were less structured but fairly frequent "meet up" activities for the older group. On a summer sailing on a larger (for NCL) ship, you will have plenty of teens to meet, and your attitude seems great! You're going looking for a great time and I'm sure you'll find it! I wish my 12 year old had the same attitude, but you know...

You have to register when you board for Kids crew, and at least for the younger groups they give you a program of what will be going on for the entire cruise. A few things were also mentioned in the Freestyle daily, which is the general "program" for all the ship activities daily. Hope you have a great time!

The Gem is a lot of fun! They do have kids club schedules that post activities for everyday. They do have Teen areas as well but there aren't as many teens using the club as the little ones. It all depends on what time of year you are sailing and how many teens are on board. On my Gem page, I have pictures of the kids and teens areas and the schedules. The schedules are pretty much the same from ship to ship, so you can look at the other ships schedules as well. You should have a lot of fun on the Gem, it is a great ship.

My teens have sailed NCL twice. The teen program is not as organized as on RC. For some reason teens did not want to "hang out" in the teen center. My kids met other kids but did not participate in the official teen program much.

Archived