Emergency Contact

mrsamandal

Is there a way for someone at home to reach someone on a ship if there's an emergency at home?

Also, I know calling from the ship on the water is around $10 a minute for a cell phone. Is it any cheaper to call from cell phone in port? I have AT&T and we are going to Progreso and Cozumel.

Certainly email works, calls or text message to cell phones in port is cheaper but still expensive.

In a real emergency your family can get a message to you on the ship through Carnival and the message will be passed through to your ship ASAP.

This is the information for calling in case of an emergency:

Cabin #, Booking #, Ship and sail date:

1-877-225-7447 *this call has to be made by credit card at $9.50 per minute. There may

also be an additional long distance charge depending on where the ship is located at time

of the call.

Ok. It's only going to be a 5 night cruise, so really only out of contact 4 days. Obviously, if something happens, I can call, but I didn't know if family could reach us, and that was my more major concern since I plan to just turn the phone completely off so we don't get any charges.

I had heard that the email on the ship was slow as molasses to check-I think I read 5 minutes just to get logged into your acct, not counting how long to actually open messages.

Thansk for the input :)

I was told by my old PVP and by a Carnival rep that in the event of a real emergency (death etc) your family can call the 1-800# with all required info and they will patch the call through free of charge. I have seen posts where people have done just that. So I leave the 800# and all of the info like my ship, room #, sail date etc and my parents know if it's life or death they can reach me that way. They watch the kids and have medical power while we are gone so if it's a broken bone or anything fixable no need to call, I trust their judgement.

I tried my cell last year for texting and even though I had the cruising feature activated it didn't work on board or in port, the texts got sent and they never made it back here on land and I didn't receive any. So I don't rely on it.

Archived