Hampton Inn & Suites Miami West Doral Blvd??

kawb03

As a newbie to Miami & cruising I was wondering if anyone has stayed here? This looks like a nice place & reasonable for an overnight stay. I see they offer a pkg that includes a shuttle to the port but does anyone know how much it is from here via a taxi or just purchasing their shuttle ride per person? I'm thinking it would be cheaper to book thru Orbitz or someplace & then buy the transport later. :confused:

I haven't stayed at that particular hotel, but Consumer Reports rated Hampton Inn as one of their best moderate hotel chains. IIRC, the hotel you're looking at has a really good review on TripAdvisor, as well as WiFi and breakfast. I would stay there before my cruise if my travel arrangements hadn't changed.

I used to work in a building across the street from the Doral Golf Course.

The area is a mix of office buildings, some industrial parks, strip malls, etc.

It's close to the airport.

I'm going to clue you into a GREAT Cuban place out there.

Don Pepe's

5451 NW 72nd Ave

Miami, FL 33166

It's a dumpy, hole in the wall, but GREAT for lunch. Helps to speak Spanish here. Also, you'll think I'm nuts because it's located in a warehouse complex.

Right next to your hotel is Las Vegas Cuban, which is more mainstream, and you won't need a car to get there. There are folks who are devoted to the joint, so if you're not up to an adventure, you'll do just fine here.

Blue Sky Food By the Pound is also nice, it's about 1/4 a mile away from the Hampton Inn. It's more of a southern cooking kind of place, meat and three we call them in Georgia.

At any rate, you've got a good hotel in a great area. It's not by the beach, it's not on the bay, but clean, safe and chock full of places to get a good meal and get your last-minute supplies.

I was looking at this hotel's Park, Stay, and go packing. This gives one free parking for 7 nights and one-way shuttle to the port. Is this place safe to leave one's car for the week? Also, since the shuttle is one way, what are the options for getting back to the hotel and their typical costs?

shim.gifshim.gif

Archived