Beer and Wine?

lee0070

You are only allowed to bring on 750 ml bottle of wine which is roughly 5 servings. A 12 pack of beer maybe tastier but also CCL would lose much more bar tab money by allowing a 12 pack of beer.

that's not necessarily true... have you seen the prices of any of the finer wines? say, 79.00 a bottle and up...

even at 5.00 a beer onboard prices (which is absurd), the implied value of that 1 bottle of wine is more than a 12 pack of beer...

that's not necessarily true... have you seen the prices of any of the finer wines? say, 79.00 a bottle and up...

even at 5.00 a beer onboard prices (which is absurd), the implied value of that 1 bottle of wine is more than a 12 pack of beer...

Who the heck buys $80 bottles of wine? I like wine, but I've never paid more than $40 or so. And most people couldn't tell the difference between a $5 bottle and a $40 bottle.

Who the heck buys $80 bottles of wine? I like wine, but I've never paid more than $40 or so. And most people couldn't tell the difference between a $5 bottle and a $40 bottle.

Those of us who are wine connoisseurs would. DW can be handed a glass of wine and tell you what grapes were used and the appellation it was grown. She came home last weekend with a case of wine, the cost, $975.

I too agree that a reasonable amount of beer in place of wine would be a nice concession. Living in Oregon I have access to many Micro and Craft brewery that produce a wide variety of beer. Even had one last weekend that smelled of bubblegum and chocolate...truly unique (didn't taste like them but it was a nice dark beer). In this area, beer has risen to be paired with food like wine as well....maybe in the future Carnival will allow it...and offer some better choices than the mass produced lightly colored and poorly flavored choices they have now...one can dream right?

Why do they let you bring a large bottle of wine on board and not a 12 pack of beer?

The answer is, the previous CEO of Carnival was a fine wine afficianado, made his own wine, etc, so he made the decision to allow cruisers to appreciate wine on board just as he does day-to-day. The 'rule' has never changed, except to limit the amount.

The answer is, the previous CEO of Carnival was a fine wine afficianado, made his own wine, etc, so he made the decision to allow cruisers to appreciate wine on board just as he does day-to-day. The 'rule' has never changed, except to limit the amount.

I will make a bet he never drank one that had a screw on cap or came in a box either:D

Those of us who are wine connoisseurs would. DW can be handed a glass of wine and tell you what grapes were used and the appellation it was grown. She came home last weekend with a case of wine, the cost, $975.

Sounds like she has worked for the LCBO in Ontario - we have to take extensive training and God forbid, do wine tasting and pairings (tough job but someone has to do it) You can really tell the difference in wines - once you get into the better ones it is much harder.

Wasted money. Saw a show a while back that did a double blind taste test with a bunch of wine afficianados(sp?), one glass was top shelf, and one was very bottom shelf, and the results were nearly 50/50. You would get 50/50 by guessing.

Archived