Thomsonfly Premium Seats

Hi cityfan

When we flew to the Dom Republic last year we flew on a First Choice aircraft rather than a Thomson and you get an extra bit of leg room as standard on long haul flights. I have long legs and found that I had enough room to straighten them out in front. I suppose it depends if you want even more room and the extra facilities the upgrade offers.

Janet

I always used to travel premium, because my husband wanted to, but we don't any more because on the way home from Mexico we were told we could only have wine with our meal and the drinks were limited, because the flight out had strong head winds and it took longer for them to get there and they drank more than usual, after a lot of complaints from the passangers they gave us drinks they had 'enough' of, its not as if we drink to excess, but we felt like they were giving it to us for free. On Thompsons and First Choice the enconomy seats are quite spacious, and I don't think it is worth the extra approx £250-£299 each long haul for what you get.

We managed to get a premium seat upgrade for free on our last cruise to the Caribbean and it was fantastic. We were plied with free drinks the whole of the flight, you also get a choice of meal. There was loads of room, even for my DH who is 6'3". I do think it's expensive though, and if we had to pay for it we wouldn't!!

Hi All

Just wondered who has had premium seats, good, bad wouldn't bother? We are flying from Manchester to the Dom Republic...any thoughts :rolleyes:

I was told by a member of staff in the First Choice travel agents that they sometimes get a "one day" sale of premium seats. If they have your phone number they will give you a call and ask if you want to upgrade at a special price, say £80 each. You have to decide on the spot if you want to take them up on this but it might be worth waiting for that, if they still do deals like it. This was last year.

PS We didn't actually fly long haul after all

Archived