Budget Queen Question

lauriebird

I am truly baffled by what has you upset. I posted a simple comment . . .

It's possible she didn't know that "lurkers" has a different meaning on discussion boards (no negative connotation to the word - it just means people who are reading and not posting).

I think that all of us underestimate the number of lurkers on the board. For every single reply to a post, there may be 10, 20, 100 lurkers who read it but do not respond. It is very important to remember them as we post.

Merced Mike,

In the context of your reply it sounds like a us vs. them comment. I agree with the general idea of using the word in a different manner for a different purpose, as in this case I suppose a different definition for the forumn stage. Also, I still don't follow your "It is very important to remember them as we post" reply.

Bottom line for me I guess is for some reason you ruffled my feathers, it is not that big of a deal but so many times on these (and other) boards, I notice that people don't seem to read back their own comment for how it will sound. In general I appreciate your involvment on CC and do look forward to you and other experienced Alaska travelers for insight.

I am hopeful that our family will have a vacation with wonderful memories. Made possible in a large part by CC and all involved.

L

Archived