Children using hot tubs??

reyesj226

Sorry but I have seen far more adults miss beahinvg in the hot tubs than kids.

One couple I had to suggest they go back to the room as they were making out in tub.

Two wrong don't make a right. Bad kids don't justify bad adults. Unruly adults aren't an excuse for bad kids. Argument overruled.

you want to sit and and not have to worry about little kids splashing and carrying on. They can go play in the pool where they are suppose to.

Where's the love lovebug01?

I have been splashed quite a few times by many adults carrying on as they stumble back and forth after too many adult beverages. I think they should have kids only hot tubs so they don't have to deal with rude and unruly adults starved for attention:D

......... So will you then look down on them for getting into the pools as well??

I strongly feel that kids, as long as they are well behaved, should have the right, as another paying passenger, to enjoy these facilities, as long as they are not in the “adult-only” areas.

Am I wrong for thinking like this and wanting to allow my kids to enjoy the hot tubs??

Typically the rules are posted forbidding so. And, yes I would look "down" for them getting into the pools as well.

I have a general problem with a statement that may show an attitude I have a problem with: the kids are not "another paying passenger" and none of us have any "right" for anything. I'm speculating they are paying a reduced rate (if they are in your cabin of course) so if I would hold that to the extreme, they have less "rights".

I'm not disputing that they are well behaved but I have been around enough to know kids can still be disruptive, yet well behaved.

Maybe just call me an old, grumpy old fart :rolleyes:.

Ok, I must ask and please don’t shoot me down for inquiring….

But why are some many people against children being in the hot tubs???

We are taking our cruise this Sunday and my 11 DD and 8 DS (1st time cruisers) are really looking forward to chill in the hot tub.

I’ve read negative comments bc of many of them peeing or what not, I’m not saying mine do that (as far as I know), but what makes you think that kids (even adults) don’t urinate in the pools either? So will you then look down on them for getting into the pools as well??

I strongly feel that kids, as long as they are well behaved, should have the right, as another paying passenger, to enjoy these facilities, as long as they are not in the “adult-only” areas.

Am I wrong for thinking like this and wanting to allow my kids to enjoy the hot tubs??

It's not safe for adults to be in them for more than 15 mins...and that is healthy adults. So kids should NOT be in them. Hottubs are NOT kiddie pools. Also in the past there have been many saftey issue with the drains, etc in hottubs from kids "diving" to the bottom, hair getting caught etc. I believe after several tragic accidents there are more devices to prevent this, however there was just a story about a former NFL's players young son dying a week or so ago in a hottub. They are not for kids, or adults with health issues.

Younger kids should not be in the hot tubs unsupervised. And they should only be in there for a very limited time. Period.

OTOH...the most annoying thing I've seen is adults fondling and groping each other in the hot tubs.

Yeah...it's the kids that are the biggest issue. :rolleyes:

Last week at my local gym I was in the hottub waiting for BF to finish his workout (I had just swam in the pool since water aerobics was cancelled)...so this guy comes over and as he is getting into the hottub he adjusted his trunk drawstring...then I swear he pulled his trunks down a bit before sitting completely down...OMG...I got out and found BF had just arrived in the pool area and we got in the pool.

So again I say it's a safety thing why kids shouldn't be in hottubs...adults can surely act inappropriately in many situations.

It's not safe for adults to be in them for more than 15 mins...and that is healthy adults. So kids should NOT be in them. Hottubs are NOT kiddie pools. Also in the past there have been many saftey issue with the drains, etc in hottubs from kids "diving" to the bottom, hair getting caught etc. I believe after several tragic accidents there are more devices to prevent this, however there was just a story about a former NFL's players young son dying a week or so ago in a hottub. They are not for kids, or adults with health issues.

I believe the 15 minute rule is overly cautious, especially with the low temperature water that are found in a cruise hot tub. I would never condone kids in a cruise spa but my g-kids get in the hot tub all the time, supervised and not for extremely long periods of time.

Donavan McNabb's 2 year old son drowned and it was not attibuted to hair getting caught or anything else. He got in the hot tub and drowned as any 2 year old would (unfortuantely).

Archived