I got out and used my camera today...

pierces

We trekked out to Columbus, OH recently and hubby rewarded my good behavior;) with a trip to the Columbus Zoo. So, legally it wasn't today. but I was thinking of Pierce's tips while composing, so . . .

Trying a photo post of a link to five shots with crossed fingers!

https://picasaweb.google.com/102234428652856576316/Columbus?authkey=Gv1sRgCIy5g83y0Ouj7AE#5640112705864193362

Getting clear shots through glass is a challenge!

Trying to get the photo, not the link, posted.

Really enjoyed watching this big ol' bear swimming around.

DSC_0094.JPG

I believe I might have done it, YIPPPEEE! rats, not!! YES!!! 3rd try got it!

Edited by NHsnowpup

Trying to get the photo, not the link, posted.

I believe I might have done it, YIPPPEEE! rats, not!! YES!!! 3rd try got it!

If you have them on Facebook, you can do a copy & paste! that is the easiest way. My egret photos were done that way. usually I use Webshots.

Could not line up the features. Cheap Kodak Instamatic in 1992 versus wide angle DSLR today. It was fun anyway.

St. Croix River, Taylors Falls, MN. That's Wisconsin on the other side.

My whole gallery from that day is here:

http://dodgerdigital.smugmug.com/Family/Taylors-Falls-2011

What a cool idea! I hadn't heard of this before. Learn something new all the time!

Andrea

I love this thread! NOW what I would like to see added here is for us Newbies to photography.. a daily tech tip. I have a point and shoot Canon that can be manuel, but I am dyslexic when it comes to understanding the manuel (like a forieng language).! If we could get one tip a day to try and take pictures.. would be great!

Thanks! sherri

I love all your butterfly pics. Do you mind telling what lens you used? You weren't too far away from my neck of the woods- never been to Ft. Belvoir though

I took these with my Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ28 point and shoot in Intelligent Auto mode!

Took a little business trip last month, and since it was in Tampa starting on a Monday, and Orlando is on the way from where I live to Tampa, I decided to stop in to Disney the day before the conference to spend a quick day there. I didn't bother with the whole DSLR kit since it was a 1-day excursion and I needed to pack light for the business trip, so I just brought my NEX3 mirrorless camera with kit lens and 40mm F1.8 prime. Here are some Disney snaps from the 1-day trip:

Kit lens, very dark inside for this display in the China pavilion at Epcot - used ISO6400 handheld:

original.jpg

Some amazing light projection displays on Cinderella's castle, for one of their nighttime light shows...had to use ISO800 to keep the shutter speed short enough to catch the ever-changing display:

original.jpg

Tomorrowland all lit up at night:

original.jpg

While on one of the rides, I decided to do a fun 2-second exposure to catch the motion of the ride:

original.jpg

Looking back down Main Street, all the streetlights create quite a glow - most people stand in front of the Partners statue and shoot with the castle backdrop, but the view from the other side of the statue can be fun too, partially silhouetting Walt and Mickey against Main Street:

original.jpg