another cave tubing question

diehardpaul

The ceilings are not low. In spots it is completely dark. No light at all but the headlamps you are wearing. Most of the time there is some light from the entrances and holes in the ceiling where there has been a cave in. I did not have any feeling of being closed in at all. But then again I don't have issue like you describe.

• 2 weeks later...

One of my friends just came back from his honeymoon on the Legend. They did this excursion, had a good time, said he was told the only fish in the water was large catfish but that they usually don't swim in the caves, but if you shine you light at the top of the cave there are some really large, intimidating spiders! :eek:

I am very much looking forward to doing a cave tubing excursion but my wife is somewhat claustraphobic. How dark is it inside and how low are the ceilings in the caves? I sure don't want to go if she will be miserable.

Pitch black in places, but like the others said, you have a headlight on.

Cave is HUGE and not tiny at all in any place that I recall.

Water is very very cold (our guide called it "refreshing"), but after the half-hour hike through the rain forest, it was a welcomed bath. LOL

We had a blast and would definitely do it again.

Archived