birth certificate maiden name and drivers license in married name

redhawk

Oops, never got wife's passport updated to married name, (married in 06) and we cruise on sunday, I guess we have to go with the birth certificate and drivers license. Do we need a copy of marriage cert as well? Thanks for any input. (PS I did search, the search on this site sucks it returns everything and then some)

You can use either her passport or her BC, even though they're in her maiden name. Just bring a copy of your marriage certificate. They probably won't even ask for it, but it'll be good to have just in case.

you will need the original document. no copies.

-- if the cruise is in the same name as her license-- she will not need that marriage license. You needed to show the marriage license for that name change.

Most ladies sailing do not have the name they were born with.

I have never been asked for my marriage license, but I always bring it just incase.

I, on the other hand, have been asked for my marriage certificate. Fortunately, my TA had told me I needed to bring it since my passport was in my maiden name at the time and I was booked in my married name. Until I got a new passport, I always carried my marriage certificate--better safe than sorry and it's just one piece of paper.

As serene said, it needs to be the original--if they do ask for it (which they probably won't, but it they do on occasion) they won't accept a copy.

Have a great cruise!!

My passport was only a year old when I was married. I book my cruises under my maiden name and use my original passport. The only issue is if you don't like the idea of taking your passport off the ship ( I don't). You need photo ID (matching your sail & sign card) to get back on the ship at most ports. Luckily, I have other ID in my maiden name and can leave my passport on the ship.

Archived