Mopeds sound fun...which island most feasible

2cHisworld

I'm taking the 12 day med cruise with 3 other people July 28-Aug 9 and we'll be visiting Rhodes, Mykonos, Santorini, Dubrovnik, and Corfu as well as a few places in Italy. Which of the Greek Isles if any would be a good place to rent mopeds and tour for the day or should we choose a car for the Air Conditioner factor??

Thanks

Motorbikes are very popular on Santorini and Mykonos, but unless you are an experienced rider, I wouldn't recommend it. And you are smart to think about the A/C factor -- the sun will be pretty brutal that time of year. We rented a car on Santorini and Corfu, took the public bus to the beach on Mykonos, and just walked in Dubrovnik and Rhodes.

I'm taking the 12 day med cruise with 3 other people July 28-Aug 9 and we'll be visiting Rhodes, Mykonos, Santorini, Dubrovnik, and Corfu as well as a few places in Italy. Which of the Greek Isles if any would be a good place to rent mopeds and tour for the day or should we choose a car for the Air Conditioner factor??

Thanks

We rented ATV's on Mykonos and they were great. No gears to shift and very stable with 4 wheels. There were many vehicles on the road but everyone was only going about 30 MPH so it was very manageable. We cruised around the island checking out several beaches and sightseeing in general...

Archived