Room Accomodations

mydogsfriend

Does anyone know if the sofa in the Deluxe Balcony staterooms pull out to accommodate 2 children? We booked through NCL and was told that there was no difference between the family room and the deluxe room and we shouldn't have a problem sleeping 4. I hope this is right!!

cruiselines are very good about not booking 4 people into a room that does not accomodate them.

This usually in my experience includes seperate space for #3 and 4, usually a pull down bed for 1 and the couch for the other.

cruiselines are very good about not booking 4 people into a room that does not accomodate them.

This usually in my experience includes seperate space for #3 and 4, usually a pull down bed for 1 and the couch for the other.

The problem was we have a group of 5: my family of four plus my mother. In order to prevent her from paying a single fee, they booked one of our daughters in the room with her. Of course no teenager wants to share a room with grandma since they will have pretty opposite time schedules for sleeping not to mention the differences in TV/entertainment while they are in the room together.

The other problem we had was wanting to make sure that our two rooms were as close as possible since my mom is 81 and needs occasional assistance in getting around. She will feel much more comfortable knowing we're close by.

And my guess is the 7/10 sailing is already booked up so I'm left wondering what we're going to do.

Well, you should be able to "see" this information yourself by looking at Epic deck plans.

Unless you booked a "guarantee" cabin, you will have cabin numbers assigned. Simply look at your reservation, or ask your travel agent what cabins you have reserved. If you did book guarantee cabins, then you are correct you will have to wait until you board the ship. However if this is the case, I am afraid it would be entirely your fault (or the travel agents) because with that group of people, and your specific needs, I would NEVER book a guarantee cabin.

With your cabin numbers in hand, you can check to see exactly how far apart you are, and what the bedding configuration will be. You will no longer have to wonder...

If there is a triangle symbol beside the room number, the cabin will only have beds for three people, one king that can be split into two singles, plus a pull out sofa.

If there is a plus sign (+) beside the cabin number you will have beds for four. This would be the same as above with the addition of a bed in the ceiling.

If you want to know what cabins are left for your sailing, go to any web site, travelocity, expedia, etc, and try and book a cabin. They have interactive deck plans that will show you exactly what cabins are still available.

Good luck, and have fun!

The problem was we have a group of 5: my family of four plus my mother. In order to prevent her from paying a single fee, they booked one of our daughters in the room with her. Of course no teenager wants to share a room with grandma since they will have pretty opposite time schedules for sleeping not to mention the differences in TV/entertainment while they are in the room together.

The other problem we had was wanting to make sure that our two rooms were as close as possible since my mom is 81 and needs occasional assistance in getting around. She will feel much more comfortable knowing we're close by.

And my guess is the 7/10 sailing is already booked up so I'm left wondering what we're going to do.

We have a family of 5 and the same issue. We booked connecting balcony rooms on the 14th deck, one that holds 3 and the other that will accommodate 4. My 13 year old son will be "bunking" with grandma and grandma in their triple, while my wife and two other kids will be in the quad room. Decks 13 and 14 are the only ones with connecting rooms. Another option is getting a balcony room for 4 of you, and an inside room across the hall. You can see all the rooms here: http://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/Main/dragit1.php?ship=Norwegian%20Epic

As stated above, the ones with the + can accommodate 4

Thanks tagor/mike - We booked through NCL and he gave us two rooms on deck 14 separated so according to the chart (14091 and 14095) we both have 3 people sleeping arrangements. I'm not going to worry too much - it's going to be fun no matter what the sleeping arrangements!

Thanks tagor/mike - We booked through NCL and he gave us two rooms on deck 14 separated so according to the chart (14091 and 14095) we both have 3 people sleeping arrangements. I'm not going to worry too much - it's going to be fun no matter what the sleeping arrangements!

Sounds like you are nice and close. Connecting rooms would be a little more convenient if you could trade 14095 for 14093 (connects to 14091)

Sounds like you are nice and close. Connecting rooms would be a little more convenient if you could trade 14095 for 14093 (connects to 14091)

I am definitely going to ask! I just have to wonder if our consultant didn't do this on purpose so they could hold the 4 person cabin for sale to another family...

I am definitely going to ask! I just have to wonder if our consultant didn't do this on purpose so they could hold the 4 person cabin for sale to another family...

It was probably already taken, but things change. The price should be almost exactly the same as the 3 person. Maybe a small difference if I recall correctly. This might be why they didn't do the 4 person room. I would just ask if they can find adjoining balcony rooms and see what they can come up with. 14095 connects with 14097, which is another option if you go the other direction. :) I REALLY like having the connector, it basically makes it a two bathroom, two bedroom unit. We had several times where the other unit was empty, like off on an excursion, and we were able to utilize both baths. Very helpful with a group of 7.

Archived