Cancer walk on dream question

osucruise

I have looked all over and cant find. Does anyone know if there is a walk/run on the Dream Cruise that does a charity walk for cancer on the cruise. I could have sworn I saw somewhere that one day they do this and walk is like 5 times around ship and pay like a $25 entry.

Any help is appreiciated,

Thanks

I have looked all over and cant find. Does anyone know if there is a walk/run on the Dream Cruise that does a charity walk for cancer on the cruise. I could have sworn I saw somewhere that one day they do this and walk is like 5 times around ship and pay like a $25 entry.

Any help is appreiciated,

Thanks

I found this when doing a search for the Dream,but its from January,so Im not sure what is going on now..

Friday Jan 29th was another Fun Day @Sea – Water Slides Races were held @ 1pm, followed by the Walk for the Cure @ 3pm – FYI – The Walk for the Cure will eventually be changed to another fund raiser ( St Judes was mentioned ) as the next activity to raise money for.

I did the walk for the cure, I think on the Conquest a couple of years ago...didnt make it the whole way, but we had fun cheering them on every time they came around the deck. I hope they are doing St Judes in September. We have been donating to them every month for years..

I could be wrong, but I think Carnival now does "Groove for St. Jude" on all ships instead of the cancer walk. I donated to the cause on Legend two weeks ago, but did not participate in the event. I would have preferred to walk instead of groove, but the $10 donation was well worth it for any cause!

It was Groove for St. Jude on the Inspiration in May. Bought the t-shirt and band, but didn't participate, just can't dance well. There were only about 6 people in the disco taking part in the "Groove". I think On Deck for the Cure was just easier to do for a lot of people. Both worthy causes.

Carnival's charity of choice is now St. Jude's. A dance is held in the disco at around noon on the last sea day. Sign up in Formalities for a t-shirt & wrist band, show up at the dico ior not- it's optional When you contribute your $10 at FormALITIES YOU WILL WALK OUT WITH THE SHIRT & BAND.

I did Walk For The Cure and not only was it for a good cause it was fun! As i would give the $10.00 still as a donation for St. Judes i have no interest in dancing in a disco. The walk was outdoors with a beautiful view and met lots of nice people. Wish they would make it Walk For St. Judes!:)

Doing a very quick glance through the "Fun Times" for our b2b May cruise, I don't see the "walk for the cure".

I believe the charity that is now being supported is the St. Jude Children's Hospital.

Just off the Liberty, and they had Groove for St Jude. Not too many people actually grooved, but I prefer grooving because I prefer dancing. It was a half hour event where we did some line dances and a little bit of freestyle. But I had fun. It was on the last sea day at 4:30.

Archived