DVD cables on Victory

tjeanty

Good Morning! My SO and I booked a suite on the Victory. I noticed the suite has flat screen tvs as opposed to regular televisions. My question is are there DVD cables (sorry if I'm not using the correct term) on the TV? I would like to bring my portable DVD player and hook it up to the TV if possible. I know that with the regular staterooms, I could not use my DVD player.

Thx

Good Morning! My SO and I booked a suite on the Victory. I noticed the suite has flat screen tvs as opposed to regular televisions. My question is are there DVD cables (sorry if I'm not using the correct term) on the TV? I would like to bring my portable DVD player and hook it up to the TV if possible. I know that with the regular staterooms, I could not use my DVD player.

Thx

The Elder God believes you are talking about jacks for the red-and-yellow cables that many TVs now have in accessible spots, such as the side or the front. While the Elder God is not specifically sure about this particular ship, the Elder God does believe most tvs have these jacks, though they are often difficult to get at.

The Elder God believes you are talking about jacks for the red-and-yellow cables that many TVs now have in accessible spots, such as the side or the front. While the Elder God is not specifically sure about this particular ship, the Elder God does believe most tvs have these jacks, though they are often difficult to get at.

While some of the TV's do indeed have the audio/video jacks accessible, it's been posted that there is NO WAY to switch the input on the TV, so plugging in the jacks will gain you nothing. The input switch is normally done from the remote control, but apparently, that option doesn't exist on the remotes that are provided in the cabins. (Don't know if you could bring another more sophisticated generic remote and switch the input or not?)

"SKY"

While some of the TV's do indeed have the audio/video jacks accessible, it's been posted that there is NO WAY to switch the input on the TV, so plugging in the jacks will gain you nothing. The input switch is normally done from the remote control, but apparently, that option doesn't exist on the remotes that are provided in the cabins. (Don't know if you could bring another more sophisticated generic remote and switch the input or not?)

"SKY"

The Elder God thanks Sky for the clarification.

"SKY"

On the flat screens that I've seen on board the inputs are selectable via buttons on the left side of the TV.

You're right, however, there are no buttons on the remote to change inputs.

:)

This is posted in Carnival's FAQ section.

• DVDs/VCRs/Nintendo/Play Units: Due to compatibility issues with stateroom televisions, these items can only be utilized in suites and guests must provide their own RCA cables.

Archived