POAmerica Oceanview Stateroom w/ Balcony is 33 sq.ft. smaller than Aloha's?

Chris I

The Pride of Aloha's Oceanview Staterooms with Balcony are 202 sq.ft., according to NCL.

However, from what I can find on various travel agency web sites, the same stateroom class is 169 sq.ft. on the soon-to-be-launched Pride of America.

That's a 33 sq.ft. difference.

It doesn't seem right that the newer ship would have smaller rooms, but I guess it's possible.

Does anybody know for sure?

Thanks!

I think what you are seeing is that they are progressively making the staterooms smaller in an effort to cram as many passengers, aka revenue, on each cruise. I sailed on the Sea a few years ago, and I thought the stateroom was a little tight (I had sailed on the Victory the year before, and the stateroom was much bigger), until I sailed on the Dawn. The balcony stateroom was even smaller! 2 people to a cabin is about the limit, because if you fold out the loveseat, you literally have to climb over it to get onto the balcony.

This downsizing of cabins seems to be especially noticeable on NCL; as I said, I sailed on the Victory in 2001 when it was new and the cabin was of a comfortable size.

I think what you are seeing is that they are progressively making the staterooms smaller in an effort to cram as many passengers' date=' aka revenue, on each cruise. I sailed on the Sea a few years ago, and I thought the stateroom was a little tight (I had sailed on the Victory the year before, and the stateroom was much bigger), until I sailed on the Dawn. The balcony stateroom was even smaller! 2 people to a cabin is about the limit, because if you fold out the loveseat, you literally have to climb over it to get onto the balcony.

This downsizing of cabins seems to be especially noticeable on NCL; as I said, I sailed on the Victory in 2001 when it was new and the cabin was of a comfortable size.[/quote']

The Sea was delivered in '88 and still has the smallest cabins in the NCL fleet except perhaps the Majesty '92. The cabins on the Dawn are on average much larger then either of those ships.

The Pride of Aloha's Oceanview Staterooms with Balcony are 202 sq.ft., according to NCL.

However, from what I can find on various travel agency web sites, the same stateroom class is 169 sq.ft. on the soon-to-be-launched Pride of America.

/QUOTE]

I saw this same info when Traveler39 was here complaining that they had been transfered to an older ship with smaller staterooms (after the POAmerica sank during construction). They told me to butt out since I wasn't booked. I think it will be interesting to see how the size of the staterooms on the America compare to the Jewel and the two unnamed ships that NCL will take delivery of in the next couple years.

-Monte

I believe the balcony staterooms on the Pride of Aloha are 154 ft WITH a 48 ft balcony. The Pride of America balcony staterooms are from 169 ft to 227 ft with baclonys from 40ft to 89 ft. which would make them just a little bigger than the Pride of Aloha. I don't know for sure, but I got this information on the web.

Archived