best time of year to book

AF2010

Hello! I'm new to cruise critic and this website has been the absolute best! :D I just got off the Jewel a few weeks ago and was wondering for future cruises, what's the best time of the year to book? Like when are the best deals avaliable? Any help would be great, I can't wait to book the next cruise!

-aimee

I don't think there is any specific time frame. Some people including myself book well in advance in order to get cabin selection, then watch for any price adjustments along the way up to final payment which is 75 days prior to sail date and then call to get price adjustment or on board credit. This works well for us.

Others will wait till final payments are made and then watch for price drops on whats left. This works for some including those that live not far from cruise prier. However for others what you save on cruise price you will end up paying for your flight.

We used to continually look at the NCL website for good deals which fit into our budget. Heck, I guess we still do. Christmas, Thanksgiving, and New Years cruises tend to be the highest priced.

Wave season in Dec/Jan has some specials, but what I do is subscribe to several online cruise websites, and get their weekly specials/deals, etc. These alerts you to sales, specials, deals, etc. And its always fun to browse:)

Archived