Tulum excursion

jmwg49

Has anyone done a Tulum tour in February?? Is it as excruiatingly hot at that time of year? I have tried to find the cost of this on Carnival website and I just can't seem to find it. I have read that it is safest to book this excursion with the excursion desk onboard, and I can understand why with time restraints. Is it something worth booking in advance? My hubby wants to see the ruins, and it is worth it to him to travel the 7 hours plus..and the kids and I will opt for a beach to spend our day ...still trying to decide where to go! Is the water in Cozumel warm enough to swim in February? Sorry..have only ever been in April, and a couple months I'm sure makes a huge difference in temperature!

I was in Cozumel in a December, and the water was warm enough. Average high in Feb is 84. No month has an average that's not in the 80s.

I did the Tulum tour from Calica in November, and it was beautiful there. I especially loved the cliffside and beach. But from Cozumel, the ferry ride to and from the mainland can be quite choppy. He'll need to be prepared for that. Go ahead and book it as soon as you can afford to. You can book it on their website once you're logged on. They may raise the price for people booking on the ship. Plus, it's always nice to have your spot reserved. If you change your mind, you can always cancel the excursion up to 3 days prior to sailing for a full refund.

Has anyone done a Tulum tour in February?? Is it as excruiatingly hot at that time of year? I have tried to find the cost of this on Carnival website and I just can't seem to find it. I have read that it is safest to book this excursion with the excursion desk onboard, and I can understand why with time restraints. Is it something worth booking in advance? My hubby wants to see the ruins, and it is worth it to him to travel the 7 hours plus..and the kids and I will opt for a beach to spend our day ...still trying to decide where to go! Is the water in Cozumel warm enough to swim in February? Sorry..have only ever been in April, and a couple months I'm sure makes a huge difference in temperature!

I did the Tulum tour a few years ago in mid-February, and yes, it was a horrifically hot and humid day. But the ruins are stunning and well worth the boring bus ride. I'd go again without question. Take sunscreen, and a couple of bottles of water. I'd also recommend a loose long sleeved shirt rather than a t-shirt/polo shirt - helps with the scorching sun and bugs. Definitely a hat.

Thanks for the information! I'm new at booking these excursions, and I wonder why I cannot see it to BOOK on Carnival's website..I see the excursion, but am not able to book? Because we are going in Feb 2011, is it maybe too soon? I will keep checking!

Thanks for the information! I'm new at booking these excursions, and I wonder why I cannot see it to BOOK on Carnival's website..I see the excursion, but am not able to book? Because we are going in Feb 2011, is it maybe too soon? I will keep checking!

Yes, it is too soon. It's anywhere from 90-120 days prior to sailing that they are made available online.

When it comes time (forgive me if you already know all this), make sure you're logged in on Carnival's website and add your booking information. Under the "My Activities" tab, click on the "While you cruise" part, and the shore excursions option will come up. Once they're available to book online, you'll be able to see all that are available and book them.

Yes, it is too soon. It's anywhere from 90-120 days prior to sailing that they are made available online.

When it comes time (forgive me if you already know all this), make sure you're logged in on Carnival's website and add your booking information. Under the "My Activities" tab, click on the "While you cruise" part, and the shore excursions option will come up. Once they're available to book online, you'll be able to see all that are available and book them.

Wife and I will be taking this tour on 14 Dec. 2010 and have it booked back on may 26 2010 202 days before the tour and 200 days before the cruise. Had no trouble on booking the tour.thru thier web site. Had the print out within minutes of the request and it is listed on the fun pass forms Now just waiting for Dec. to arrive

Paul

159 days to go

Sometimes, they do make it available for booking earlier. Their policy is the "90-120 days" before, probably just to cover themselves if they're not for sure what they'll be offering and don't want to post it up yet.

To the OP, if you haven't done the steps that I posted earlier, go ahead and go through those steps and see if it's available for booking. If it gives you a message saying that it's not available for booking until 90-120 days prior to sailing (like it does to me), just check back later.

Archived