stingrayys!

kris1212

We'll going to Grand Cayman at the end of July. Has anyone done the Buccaneer Sting ray city catamaran excursion??

The catamaran is huge!! and looks really well kept. anyone have pictures from when they went?:):)

• 2 weeks later...
We'll going to Grand Cayman at the end of July. Has anyone done the Buccaneer Sting ray city catamaran excursion??

The catamaran is huge!! and looks really well kept. anyone have pictures from when they went?:):)

We went with a great tour operator on the Cayman Eco Outrage tour. John Michael was our guide. I was so thankful we hired him and went in a small group. After seeing the large boats packed with 125 - 200 people our boat of 6 was perfect. I found him on caymancruiseexcursions.com Well worth the money!

We are going July 18 and I'm also interested in stingray city. My sister did this by booking through the cruiseline, but i'm sure there is a less expensive way. let me know if you hear anything!

We used Stingray Sailing and really enjoyed them. The cost for the stingrays, snorkel and sail is $45, the same price that RCI charges for a motorized boat strictly to the stingrays. We've rebooked with Stingray Sailing for next year already.

Good luck!

I would HIGHLY recommend Moby Dick Tours (mobydicktours.com). It was cheap and we were not over croweded. They keep their numbers low. The boat was NICE they have refreshments on board for free. They also bus you where ever you want to go when it is all over. We went to a restuarant to eat. The package also includes snorkeling. HIGHLY recommended that you go with a company that wont over crowd you. You dont want to miss out on holding a sting ray because there are to many people. I think there was maybe 10 in my group, and we all held several rays and fed them took pictures. It was great

agree with above on Moby Dick tours - they were great! and their boat also has a cover on it so you don't have to be out in the sun the entire excursion. Mark and his crew get in the water with you and hold the stingrays for you to touch and hold. And they are happy to drop you off at the beach or a restaurant on the way back into town.

I would HIGHLY recommend Moby Dick Tours (mobydicktours.com). It was cheap and we were not over croweded. They keep their numbers low. The boat was NICE they have refreshments on board for free. They also bus you where ever you want to go when it is all over. We went to a restuarant to eat. The package also includes snorkeling. HIGHLY recommended that you go with a company that wont over crowd you. You dont want to miss out on holding a sting ray because there are to many people. I think there was maybe 10 in my group, and we all held several rays and fed them took pictures. It was great

Another two thumbs up for Moby Dick Tours. There were only about 20-25 people total on our boat. For $40 we got Stingray City and snorkeling, and after the trip, they dropped some people off at the beach and some at a restaurant before bringing us back to the pier.

Stingray City was great - Mark and his guys made sure that we all had as much interaction as possible, including feeding and "kissing" for those who wanted to.

One issue we had with our snorkeling was that 5-6 people got stung by jellyfish. While it is my understanding that this is an uncommon occurrence where we were diving, as soon as a couple of people got stung, Mark immediately called the rest of us in and cut the snorkeling part short. And I agree wholeheartedly with that decision. I respect that he risked upsetting some people by reducing the time in favor of safety. And as soon as we headed out of there they distributed salve and even benadryl in a couple of cases. Truly on top of things.

Archived