Question about Special Occasion cakes

For both my and my DH's birthday (different cruises), we had a birthday party in the dining room at lunch time. We all met at the dining room entrance and went in as a group to be seated together (a bunch from our roll call). This was set up with the Maitre'D earlier in the week. A cake was ordered ahead of time from Formalities, and it was delivered to the dining room at the time we specified. The waiters took care of cutting and serving the cake to us, after we had viewed it and sang Happy Birthday. This works well when you want to have a party with others who are not seated with you at dinner. If it's just your family, you can have it at dinner.

Here is my DH's birthday cake. I did not have his name put on it, because there were others in our party who had birthdays that month, so we celebrated for everyone. It was delicious, but I personally prefer the vanilla/strawberry filling cake that I had for my birthday.

Birthdaycake2.jpg

Does the cake need to be refrigerated? I haven't read anywhere that the Fascination has a fridge in the cabins.

No, not really, And even with the ships that do have fridges--they are more like coolers then little refrigerators.

The cake is meant to be ate within 3 days and if its not I dont think i would eat it.

Archived