Turquoise Bay Beach Resort Reviews?

fmira001

My husband and I were there about 4 years ago on a kayak and snorkeling tour that we booked ourselves thru the company that runs the dive shop there, it was beautiful and they were very friendly, first time I ever saw a huge starfish up close, it was not crowed at all, very few people there. The snorkeling was fantastic, but beware of the biting sand fleas or what ever they are, even though they were spraying the beach when we were there, we still got some bites before we sprayed ourselves down with repellant.

• 5 months later...

We were here in Dec. 2010 and thought it was a nice beach, small and seemed very private. I just posted a reply in another thread that I"ll copy here as well:

"We did the zipline canopy and island tour with Island Marketing, with a beach stop at the end of the day at Turqoise Bay. (also went to the Iguana Farm, which was a hoot). I think we were supposed to go to another beach as well, but we ended up staying at Turquoise Bay, which was fine with us because it was a really nice little beach. The kids rented paddleboats and jetskis, and there was a pool (which we didn't use), a snack bar with $2 beers, and plenty of lounge chairs on the beach with papalas or cocount trees for shade if you wanted it. We had our snorkel gear with us, but hadn't specifically booked a snorkel tour or guide, and it looked too far out to the reef (to me) to allow the kids to swim out alone. And although some in the group didn't notice the sand fleas, I definitely did, until I used the insect repellant. There was also an exterior building with changing rooms, lockers and bathrooms."

• 1 month later...

Archived