Info for Odyssey 9/11/2010 President's Cruise

kujo

We are booked for our second Odyssey adventure this fall from Venice to Athens on one week of the Annual President's Cruise. We booked the trip for the itinerary and subsequently found out that we were on the 4th Annual "President's Cruise." Has anyone here been on one of these before? And if so can you offer insight into anything special on this cruise over and above the usual great Seabourn experience?

tia

I will be on board during the 2nd week and I would like to know as well. I would imagine that there might some sort of gathering(s) aboard during these two weeks ?? There will be the "President's Cruise Celebration" on the evening of September 18th.

This is some of the letter:

" . . . I wanted to remind you that we will be celebrating a very special event that evening. After dinner, you are invited to travel with us from Seabourn Odyssey a short distance -- but a long journey back through time -- to the ancient city of Athens, where we will enjoy an evening of desserts, drinks, coffee and culture in the classical Cradle of Democracy.

I urge you not to miss this specially-created event, in the sumptuous surroundings of the Zappeion Megaron, located within the Greek National Gardens and flanked by some of the city's most important monuments and buildings.

There, in the shadow of its Doric columns, you will be greeted in time-honored fashion with heartfelt Greek hospitality, and ushered into the sanctuary for coffee and cordials, drinks and an array of delectable desserts, cheeses and fruits. Serenaded by the sounds of an ancient Lyre, we will also be treated to a brief performance on the theme of "The Journey of the Odyssey."

In order to enjoy this unique evening in this special location, we will begin serving dinner on board at 6 PM on Saturday, so that we can start to depart our Seabourn yacht by about 7:15 PM. (Remember, we'll enjoy our coffee and desserts in Athens!) We'll try to have everyone on their way by 8 PM.

I look forward to enjoying this memorable President's Cruise celebration with all of you.

Sincerely, Pamela Conover "

Lisa :)

I see the letter, but that evening event is the evening that the cruise changes week one to week two. We are disembarking in Athens and heading to Munich for Oktoberfest that afternoon. No Fair!!

Archived