Please describe Cupcake, Scrapbook & Jewelry classes

These offerings are new since I last sailed RCI. But seem to be popular. If you have participated in any please describe.

We are a family of 8, kids are 10, 14,15,18. Sounds like some may be appealing to part of our group. Is this something that kids can do with parents or on their own or how does this work?

How long are the classes? what's included for what fee? and what's the hype?

Sounds like a great thing to do towards the end of the cruise when all activities have been experienced but I guess reservations are limited, huh?

Any experienced advice is appreciated.

We did all of the things you mentioned on our June 12th cruise. We signed up for the cupcake class as soon as we got on board. They do those on sea days only and reservation only. They have a class for adults and one for kids - sorry, don't know the cutoff ages. They were $20 and we got a cupcake luggage tag (in the adult class) and it lasted an hour long.

The scrapbook class is free and lasts an hour - everday if you want - the times are in the compass. You get a free 12X12 kit per person every other day and then use of all their scissors, glue, punches, etc. It was fun for my daughters (23 & 27) and I because we are big scrappers. Well worth it in our opinion. Just show up - they take the first 20 people. It is adult only.

The jewelry making class was $10 and you had a choice of 3 different kits of necklace and earrings. It also lasted an hour (some of the choices took more than one class so you would need to go back to finish them). It was also just a show up thing listed in the compass to the first 20 people.

The jewlery and scrapbook class were taught by CiCi - she was awesome.

All were fun!

The scrapbook class is free and lasts an hour - everday if you want - the times are in the compass. You get a free 12X12 kit per person every other day and then use of all their scissors, glue, punches, etc. It was fun for my daughters (23 & 27) and I because we are big scrappers. Well worth it in our opinion. Just show up - they take the first 20 people. It is adult only.

The jewlery and scrapbook class were taught by CiCi - she was awesome.

All were fun!

Thanks for the scrapbooking info as I am also a scrapper! Are the kits the same each day or do the give out different kits if you go to more than one session? Thanks!!

I did the hamburger and french fries cupcake class and it was great. I think it was $20 but you didn't get anything other than the class and the cupcake. When you arrived everything is set up and ready for you to begin. Everyone introduces themselves and says where they're from and if they have any decorating knowledge. Then you step by step make the cupcake. It's easy, moves quickly and is over before you know it. I think it takes about an hour but it really flies by. I think your kids would love this class as it's really cute and simple. The dog or lion class looked a little more complicated with the icing. The hamburger class is something they could wow their friends with back home. Enjoy!

I did the hamburger and french fries cupcake class and it was great. I think it was $20 but you didn't get anything other than the class and the cupcake. When you arrived everything is set up and ready for you to begin. Everyone introduces themselves and says where they're from and if they have any decorating knowledge. Then you step by step make the cupcake. It's easy, moves quickly and is over before you know it. I think it takes about an hour but it really flies by. I think your kids would love this class as it's really cute and simple. The dog or lion class looked a little more complicated with the icing. The hamburger class is something they could wow their friends with back home. Enjoy!

Sounds like fun! Any photos of the finished products? Are spectators allowed?

Archived