Kids Club - any reviews?

calidoc2006

My daughter and her husband and their two children were with us on the TA. Both had birthdays - one turned 3 and the other 13. The younger one would have spent every hour of every day in the kids program if he had had his way. Once she met some other kids the older one also spent most of her time there. I was told there were over 300 kids on the TA and they already have over 800 kids booked on some future cruises.

I traveled with my 3 daughters (14,9 & 6). Except for the day they were feeling sea sick, I barely saw them.

The 9 and 6 year old had a blast in the Recess. The Kids Crew counselors did an exceptional job of keeping the children active and entertained. I had to insist they come out and join me for meals most days.

My 14 yr loved the teen club Entourage. Once again the counselors were great and she enjoyed the events she attended. She met a great group of teens and had a great time through out the cruise.

This was my two youngest first non Disney cruise, they thought the kid's club was just as good as DCL. They liked the club space better on the Epic because it had lots of windows. They want to go back, so I'm considering canceling our Disney Magic 2011 Med cruise and booking an Epic Med cruise instead.

Thank you so much! I have a 5 yo and a 3 yo and they are so looking forward to the Kids Club. But I had not yet heard much except a few references that didn't seem so positive ("it is small," "kids will want to be elsewhere") and I started to get nervous (keep in mind, I don't think this was from passengers who had children in the Epic's kids club, just passing statements). I had heard good things in the past about NCL's kids club and that along with the ports were some of the main reasons we booked the Epic. Thanks for the personal feedback - I am already feeling much better and so looking forward to our family cruise which will allow us lots of family time together but also a little needed time apart! One last question, how was the security for the club (ie, were they strict with checking bands, etc in order to check the younger kids in and out)? I want peace of mind that my children are safe as well as entertained! Thanks again!:)

Thank you so much! I have a 5 yo and a 3 yo and they are so looking forward to the Kids Club. But I had not yet heard much except a few references that didn't seem so positive ("it is small," "kids will want to be elsewhere") and I started to get nervous (keep in mind, I don't think this was from passengers who had children in the Epic's kids club, just passing statements). I had heard good things in the past about NCL's kids club and that along with the ports were some of the main reasons we booked the Epic. Thanks for the personal feedback - I am already feeling much better and so looking forward to our family cruise which will allow us lots of family time together but also a little needed time apart! One last question, how was the security for the club (ie, were they strict with checking bands, etc in order to check the younger kids in and out)? I want peace of mind that my children are safe as well as entertained! Thanks again!:)

The Recess space was not small at all! It was very large, open and bright with natural light from the large windows. The kids spotted dolphins through the windows a number of times. There were also separate spaces for 2-5 yr olds and 10-12 yr olds, even though they rotated spaces depending on the activity. There was also a cinema room for watching films and listening to music. Security was great, they had to be signed in and out, key card checked if not familiar and bracelet placed on child. Non-potty trained parents were also given a phone.

The program was free until 10:30pm. From 10:30 pm-1:30 am it was $6.00 an hour for 1 child and $4.00 for each additional child for group childcare. Since we had no ports, I'm not sure what the in port child care rates will be, I expect something similar.

Thank you so much! Feeling MUCH better now - I really appreciate your input. The rooms on the pictures looked great especially with all the windows - glad to hear it is true. And so glad to hear about the security - it doesn't pay to go to the spa to relax if I am constantly worrying about the kids... I think the after hours charge is reasonable if we need to use it and we won't be using the kids' club on port days as we are taking the kids with us to enjoy the islands and the beaches. Thanks again for your input - really appreciated!!

....and they already have over 800 kids booked on some future cruises.

This sounds a little bit scary to me... Are they able to handle 800 kids? Will there be restriction with that (e.g. suddenly full or kids turned away when signing in...) ???

Thanks and regards

DJ

Archived