what to do on a budget?

bri79

Will be in Cozumel in just over 2 weeks, and we were wondering what to plan considering we are on a really tight budget.

Definatly want to get to the beach, and have looked at several that seem really nice. Just wondering if there is a beach we could go to and just rent a mask and fins for a few dollars?

Also wanted to know if we could just sight-see and maybe shop a tiny bit (or visit a market) other than at the port?

Also dont mind a short taxi ride, but am not interested in any day trip far away, or sitting in a vehicule for too long. any suggestions?

Take a cab to the main plaza (plaza central) and just stroll around the shops, markets & restaurants a block or two in any direction away from the water. I spent nearly a whole day doing just that in March. Be sure and tell the cab driver specifically the plaza, and not downtown. I made that mistake and ended up in the high end shopping area within a couple of blocks of the plaza, and the vendors were extremely rude when I refused to come in and look around as I made my way to the real plaza. It was totally my fault since the last time I was in Coz, there were no cruise ship terminals or high end shopping areas, and "downtown" was "the plaza."

Here's some information about the beaches: http://cozumelmexico.net/Cozumel-Beaches.html. Don't know how current it is, but I see at least one where you pay $10/day for snorkeling gear and there's no entry fee. I'm sure others have more info about this than I do.

Archived