Maasdam upgrades

cru1s1ng

Hi All. i just booked a cat H outside on the Maasdam 3/31/05. When I spoke with Hal's customer service I was told there was only 1 H left, and it was wheelchair accessible. They gave me an H guarantee, saying it would be H or better. To me that means I'm likely to be assigned a better cabin for a very low fare (no single supplement on this cruise either !!!) Has anyone else had this happen? How did it work out? Thanks!

Good luck to you and I'm sure you will enjoy the Maasdam. Don't get your hopes too high on the upgrade and set yourself up for disappointment. Just because there is only the one cabin left doesn't mean if it is needed by a disabled pax that you will automatically be the one upgraded because you are booked in that room. Another pax, maybe a longtime HAL cruiser, could get moved up and you be given their H. Just don't want you to start thinking it will have to happen.

Have a great cruise. :D

Thanks. I won't be disappointed. I've read other posts that said to book the cabin the was acceptable, and see what happens. I'll be quite happy in a H outside because the budget usually allows and inside. The wheelchair room looks bigger on the deck plans so that could work out for the best.

We booked an HH guarantee and got an E. It was on the main deck starboard and 3 doors from the back door of the ship. The drone of the engines sounded like sleeping on a plane, and the thrusters were VERY loud. Be careful of what you wish for, you may get it. At least the mattresses were amazingly comfy.

I'm well aware of the noise on main deck, as I'm always in the 'cheap seats'. I travel with a fan for white noise. The docking thrusters are VERY loud, but I consider them an automatic wake-up call. I've heard the thrusters are loud on the upper decks, also. For the price I'm paying (1285.00) I can put up with a lot. Someday I'll be up higher, but I can't justify the extra cost right now (a 'C' is 600 bucks more on this sailing.)

Archived