Moped rentals in Cozumel???

ditsie2

My sister and I will be in Cozumel on August 31, 2010 on the Carnival Triumph and we are planning to go to Nachi Cocom. We would also like to spend the morning seeing Cozumel and thought about renting mopeds. Can anyone tell me if there are any rentals available?

i know you said to ignore the thread as you found the info but I can't ignore it and have to tell you in the most polite/sincere way:

DONT RENT MOPEDS, THEY ARE DANGEROUS, NOT WELL MAINTAINED AND YOU COULD GET HURT VERY BADLY. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE DON'T DO IT, SPEND THE EXTRA MONEY AND GET A CAR/JEEP/VW THINGY.

Off my soap box now.

DON'T DO IT UNLESS YOU ENJOY BEING TREATED AT AN EXPENSIVE HOSPITAL WITH HORRIBLE CONDITIONS LIKE IN A THIRD WORLD COUNTRY.

The accident rate is terrible. We've been to Coz dozens of times and always see Moped acccidents. These are not locals either but tourists. So much of Coz is walkable. Just take a taxi downtown San Miguel and browse and stroll from there.

Thanks for y'alls concern!! That was part of the reason I said to ignore. I saw another thread that had a lot of information on it not being such a great idea for tourists!

Thanks again!

• 4 weeks later...

Seven years ago me and wifey rented scooters. It was a very fun experience and cheap.

If you are forty or under, have ridden on two wheels before then I must say it is fun, but yes anytime you are not wrapped around by a metal frame then you risk much if an accident happens. The access to the island is fantastic on a scooter. We stopped at Paradise beach and parked the scooters no problem. Then we toured around the whole island and stopped in some secluded places for some secluded fun! Top speed is around forty and you must be aware, but cars gave us wide berth. You will get your drivers license checked for sure. Ours was checked within the first mile.

Ill be in Coz in December and now decline the scooters because of age, but will travel on the barhopping bus.

I think those dang zip lines everybody clamors to are as dangerous as anything on two wheels. Who the hell is inspecting those set ups?:cool:

Archived