Deck Noise

brian_uk

We are close to booking Nautica 12/22/05 in PH1 (8045) or PH2 (8002).

Price is not the problem but we are worried about late night noise from Pooldeck above.....cleanup after midnight like we experienced on Celebrity.

8002 seems to be under Salon or Cardroom so noise less likely....but is cabin too far forward. Please help ASAP. Have finally decided against Vista Suita after reading posts on here.

I have been in PH8045 and there is no problem with noise from the pool deck. The cabin is really under the covered area under the Waves Bar and is not affected by the pushing around of big lounge chairs. People who have been in PH8002 have found it very noisy due to the crew quarters.

Hope this helps.

Alice

On the other Ships of the same construction (Tahitian Princess, and for South America, the Insignia), we were in 8005. There is absolutely NO noise whatsoever. But if you all don't want those staterooms, that is great as we love to book them, and being forward is the best. We have been on many, many ships, and we think forward is preferable.

Relative to the crew, they are probably quieter than the passengers as they are more considerate and understanding usually.

We are booked on the Beijing to Hong Kong in March, 2006 in 8003 and are wait listed for 8005, can you believe, this far out. Very popular staterooms, but as I said, they are "hidden secrets."

Any stateroom that Oceania has is a good one!!!

Oh folks, I am sooo jealous. Truly, you will be very, very pleased. I trust you will take good care of 8003. I like that balcony because the side toward the aft is totally blocked from 8005, which is a good thing. No one can see through.

Overall, I sincerely believe you will love the ship, its staff and crew, and your trip. Keep me posted.

We have booked 8001 for the second time, though on the Insignia.

No noise, and a real benefit was no noise from people moving back and forth in the hallway. Next to us was a door to the officer quarters directly behind a bridge. It was extremely quite. Guess it is not a good place for a party with the captains cabin nearby!

Archived