My Carnival wedding/cruise was just canceled!!!

I cannot believe this!!!! I just got a call from my Carnival wedding coordinator who just informed me that our cruise/wedding has been canceled!! The ship will be dry docked for 2 weeks in November (my wedding was to be 11/7/10). They offered me other dates which are "first come first serve" and they'll have to "squeeze us in". The dates they offered are one month earlier, Halloween, or one month later. I don't want to be "squeezed in"--who knows how crowded it will be or how unorganized it could be. Plus, we've already ordered stuff with the date printed on it! What a waste!!!!

I cannot believe it :( I'm freaking out!

That is a very unfortunate ugh I can just imagine how you are feeling and the thoughts going through your mind but there might be other solutions..

Could you pick a different cruise and do a destination wedding using a local planner? You might not get the same exact date but maybe you could but it could be in the same week. I don't know where you were going to go but I am sure there would be a nice location for a wedding.

Pick a different cruise line that had the same schedule and book the wedding with them.

I know it is a horrible thought to have to start over. Wish I could give you more words of encouragement.

omg that is terrible!!!!! We had a cruise cancelled on us before after flights & hotel were already booked... but luckily we were able to find another cruise that sailed the same dates on another line. Did you look into any other cruise lines? I'm so sorry!

I cannot believe this!!!! I just got a call from my Carnival wedding coordinator who just informed me that our cruise/wedding has been canceled!! The ship will be dry docked for 2 weeks in November (my wedding was to be 11/7/10). They offered me other dates which are "first come first serve" and they'll have to "squeeze us in". The dates they offered are one month earlier, Halloween, or one month later. I don't want to be "squeezed in"--who knows how crowded it will be or how unorganized it could be. Plus, we've already ordered stuff with the date printed on it! What a waste!!!!

I cannot believe it :( I'm freaking out!

I am so sorry to hear about this! the wedding coordinator might be saying that she will squeeze you in to get you to book now...i would call and see what they have available to see if they are really booked or just saying that..did you have a bunch of sailing guests or was it pretty much all non sailing? look at it this way at least you went thru Carnival and not a private company and know it now...last week on the Dream we had a couple who was suppose to get married in Costa Maya, but we were unable to dock due to high winds and i dont think they booked with Carnival.

also here is the break down on the current package price on carnival's site for weddings (not sure what the price was when you booked)

Carnival Legend same date out of Tampa

Just for the Bride and Groom: $1,195.00*

Welcome Aboard Package: $1,635.00*

Deluxe Romance Package: $1,795.00*

The Ceremony and Wedding Luncheon: $1,475.00*

Marriage license 168.50

Carnival Pride New Date

Just for the Bride and Groom: $1,450.00*

Welcome Aboard Package: $2,125.00*

Deluxe Romance Package: $2,375.00*

The Ceremony and Wedding Luncheon: $2,000.00*

Marriage license $35

Difference between the 2

Just for the Bride and Groom: $255.00*

Welcome Aboard Package: $490.00*

Deluxe Romance Package: $580.00*

The Ceremony and Wedding Luncheon: $525.00*

Marriage license in FL is $133.50 more

I am not really sure what you paid for the cruise itself but here are the prices for the Legend 11/7 $469 interior, $549 OV, $679 Balcony and the suites are $1,129.

With the savings in the wedding package maybe look into a charter bus to Tampa??

again i am sorry this happened to you and would love to know what the outcome you pick is...

Oh my God I am SO sorry that this happened to you. What a nightmare. Remember to breathe and not forget what ultimately the day is about. I truly hope you find a solution that works for you, and you should definitely take this up with Carnival because it is entirely unacceptable for them to cancel a cruise with only months to go! They should have dry dock figured out a year or two in advance (aside from extenuating circumstances) if you ask me!!

Oh my God I am SO sorry that this happened to you. What a nightmare. Remember to breathe and not forget what ultimately the day is about. I truly hope you find a solution that works for you, and you should definitely take this up with Carnival because it is entirely unacceptable for them to cancel a cruise with only months to go! They should have dry dock figured out a year or two in advance (aside from extenuating circumstances) if you ask me!!

With it being so last minute and only being docked for 2 wks, it does sound like a repair or something alike...not an update which are sch. a long time in advance. Yes, IT TOTALLY SUCKS!!!!, but our contracts warn us they can change dates or cancel at anytime. You take risk with deciding to marry on a cruise. I choose not to print my date on ANYTHING for my wedding because of this and I bought insurance to cover other expenses incase of a hurricane...which was a major concern of mine.

To the OP...so sorry for you.

Thanks for the good thoughts everyone. It still hasn't sunken in yet (no pun intended!) but we have decided to start over from scratch. We are going to do a local traditional wedding sometime in the spring next year. We called Carnival to tell them we do not wish to rebook and they are giving us a full refund for the wedding package and the cruise. We are not going to try to plan another cruise wedding! I'm still really shocked about it, but, it was always a possibility that it could get cancelled so I'm trying to take it in stride.

Good luck to all of you with your weddings! I will miss this message board for sure. I guess now I will be spending most of my time on the Knot message boards. I wish everyone the best!

So sorry! Same thing happened to us about 3 months ago...we were booked on the Imagination for Nov. 12, 2010. They worked with us to change everything to the Inspiration on Nov 11. It was a horrible phone call to get!! I'm sorry it happened to you so close to your wedding date. We luckily had time to re-plan and re-print everything. I hope everything works out for you and your wedding is WONDERFUL!!!!

I wish you the best of luck with your new plans! I know you said you were a "reluctant cruise bride" on another thread, so maybe this will work out for the best. I believe that everything happens for a reason. I know it sucks right now, but you will have a beautiful wedding no matter where it is.

Thanks for the good thoughts everyone. It still hasn't sunken in yet (no pun intended!) but we have decided to start over from scratch. We are going to do a local traditional wedding sometime in the spring next year. We called Carnival to tell them we do not wish to rebook and they are giving us a full refund for the wedding package and the cruise. We are not going to try to plan another cruise wedding! I'm still really shocked about it, but, it was always a possibility that it could get cancelled so I'm trying to take it in stride.

Good luck to all of you with your weddings! I will miss this message board for sure. I guess now I will be spending most of my time on the Knot message boards. I wish everyone the best!

I'm so sorry to hear this has happened to you - good luck with the alternative and I'm sure it will be just as special

Jan

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived