Birthday Package

sealegs14

I'm due to sail on Jade on 7th August. My DD will celebrate her 7th birthday on 9th August. I saw a birthday bon voyage birthday package on the NCL.com website, however, it's not shown on NCL.co.uk website.

Firstly, has anyone ever bought one of these packages - if so, what's included and is it worthwhile, or should I just bring my own balloons?

Secondly, since I'm a UK passenger, could I order direct from NCL.com, or my online TA. Do these packages need to be ordered in advance?

Thanks for your feedback.

Our TA (a personal friend) ordered this for my son's bday on the Jewel in March. It was 6 balloons taped to the ceiling some streamers and a pretty big cake. The cake didn't fit in the refrigerator-it just sat on the desk for 3 days until we asked our cabin steward to take it away.

I didn't have to pay for it so I would say it was worth it to see his face when we first walked in the cabin.

I'm due to sail on Jade on 7th August. My DD will celebrate her 7th birthday on 9th August. I saw a birthday bon voyage birthday package on the NCL.com website, however, it's not shown on NCL.co.uk website.

Firstly, has anyone ever bought one of these packages - if so, what's included and is it worthwhile, or should I just bring my own balloons?

Secondly, since I'm a UK passenger, could I order direct from NCL.com, or my online TA. Do these packages need to be ordered in advance?

Basically the package is only a few decorations and a large cake.

If I were you I would pack your own decorations, without your DD seeing them, and ask your cabin steward to put them up for you while you are out to dinner on the 8th when they do the turndown service....of course I would give them a tip with the decorations so they are encouraged and will have fun doing this for you.

Then I would speak to the restaurant where you are eating on the 9th and inform them when you enter that you are celebrating your DD's birthday and they will bring out a small cake (about 4 slices) after your meal. You can eat the cake, or have them package it up and take it back to the cabin....and you can enjoy another dessert in the restaurant.

In my opinion the large cake with the package is really much better tasting than the small one they give you in the restaurant....but the presentation is better in the restaurant for a 7 year old. :)

I purchased this package on the Jewel in May. I thought it was very much worth it. I think it was only like $30. The room was decorated before my kids even boarded. It was paper streamer on the ceiling, cardboard, colored cut out "Happy Birthday" banner, about 6 helium balloons, and a very nice sized, very tasty "Happy Birthday" cake. I think it was certainly worth it and I didn't have to do anything. I called NCL directly. Asked them if I should go through TA and they said, no, not a problem at all. I did have to give a credit card # and pay for it in advance. I would definitely do it again. I do have a pic of it. I'll have to see it I can load so it will post here.

Happy Birthday to your baby!:D

I did this for my partner a few years ago on the Sun for his birthday. You can arrange for this on the ship when you arrive. Although the decorations are only a few balloons, streamers, etc, it's a nice touch to have someone walk into a cabin decorated. I have to say the best part of it was the cake - very tasty!

I did this for my partner for her 40th birthday. I brought my own decorations and they did our cabin on the Spirit up just grand! Karan made sure everything looked great. I also did purchase the birthday package from NCL. I wanted it to be great. Cover all bases and let them know in advance!

Thanks to you all for responses and experiences.

I think her face would be worth a million dollars to see the room decorated, so will probably go for the package, and take some additional decorations to make it extra special. I'll also mention it in the restaurant staff on her birthday - we will be 'caked out' by the end of the holiday!

Will be worth it to make special memories! Thanks again for all the advice...counting the days now.

Can you preorder this but request that the cabin not be decorated until the actualy birthday. My DS her DH and our DM are sailing on the Jewel next year and my GF and I are going to surprise my DM on the cruise but wanted to wait 2 days for her birthday or at least have their cabin decorated on her birthday

Archived