Can't Decide on Carnival Ship

We have decided to take another cruise for the upcoming Spring Break (March 2011). I have opted for 5 instead of 7 nights this time as we drive to the ports and that will keep us from rushing to get to and/or from quite as much. My options are all very comparably priced and the ports are similar so I would welcome any input.

Mobile-Ecstasy

Galveston-Elation

New Orleans-Triumph

We have always sailed out of NOLA and are comfortable with hotel, parking, etc. Any input that is out there on the other two ports would be greatly appreciated as well.

Lastly, we've never had a balcony. Is it worth the approximate $300 difference?

Thanks in Advance

I think you have the Elation and the Ecstasy backwards... Ecstasy sails from Galveston.

She's a beautiful ship, fairly recently out of dry dock but is the drive worth it for you? Galveston is a wonderful little island with great hotels and restaurants right on the seawall... huge beach area and very easy access to parking and the cruise terminal.

:)

I personally, love "Triumph", and since you like sailing out of New Orleans, it's a "no brainer" in my opinion. The extra $300 for a balcony wouldn't be worth it for me, and especially on a 5 nighter, as that would buy a lot of cool cocktails, and fun other places. About the only time I spend in the cabin, even when I have a balcony, is to sleep, or change clothes.

Have a GREAT cruise!

"SKY"

My wife and I went on the 5 day cruise out of Galveston on our first cruise 5 years ago. Although we loved it the Conquest is our favorite ship. We are going on a 5 day again on the Ecstasy this Sept. 18th and heard the upgrades they've done on it are awesome. You will definately have a great time and although not our favorite ship it's still pretty awesome. Hope you have a great time.

The Cruisers, Ron and Laura

I live within driving distance of all 3 ports. I prefer Mobile primarily because it is the closest and the easiest to get to (1 block from I 10). One other thing to consider is the itineraries which are the same except the Elation alternates it's 5 day itinerary; Monday sailings go to Playa del Carmen instead of Progresso, which is a real plus IMHO. One other thing, Mardi Gras is observed in March 2011 in all three cities. Expect huge traffic problems in NO associated with this event; less so in Mobile and Galveston. If you sail March 7, we will see you on board.

Archived