Private Group Tour Operators for Stingray City

ren11356

Anyone have reviews or experiences with private charters for seeing Stingray City and snorkeling? We have a group of 9 or so in our group so we were thinking of hiring private charter for Stingray City rather than the ship's charter and wanted to hear reviews or operators or suggestions.

Anyone have reviews or experiences with private charters for seeing Stingray City and snorkeling? We have a group of 9 or so in our group so we were thinking of hiring private charter for Stingray City rather than the ship's charter and wanted to hear reviews or operators or suggestions.

I just had to reply to your post. Our family just returned from a 7 day cruise on Carnival Legend out of Tampa. Our first port was Grand Cayman. I booked an all day Ecological Tour from reservations@grandcaymancruiseexcursions.com

The Cayman Eco Outrage tour was the most awesome adventure I have ever experienced. Our family of 6 went alone on the tour. The guide is named John Michael and he knew Grand Cayman back and forward. We tendered to the dock and met him at the pick up point. We were early because the tender did not take too long and the reservation is based on Central time. We went directly to the boat and our items were locked and secured in his van. Once in the boat off we went to the Stingray City and we arrived prior to the large groups of 100 - 150 per boat. We swam and fed the stingrays for about one hour. We then went snokeling on the coral reef. Later John Michael took us to two different beaches. At one beach he snorkeled up about 15 - 10 starfish. Later he took us to another location and dove for some sea urchins. Our family loved this eperience and based on past large groups I am very thankful I went with this tour. John Michael took us by the Cayman Island "Shoe Tree" for a photo op on the way back to the dock. We did return earlier than we had planned so we could shop for about 1 hour. It was a wonderful family memory I wished I could go back!

Skeeter60

N. Augusta, SC:D

We are sailing July 18 and I'm trying to compare three private companies ( Moby Dick $45, Soto $30, and Captain Marvin $39) for the Stingray City and snorkle. Each one was referenced by someone on the board. They all seem to offer the same tour, but prices vary by $15 pp. I would love to hear from people who have used these companies. Thanks!

We just returned from Carnival Legend July 4th. We chose Capt. Marvin's boat to Stingray City. HE took two boats out that day. One boat had ~ 30-35 people and our boat had ~ 16 people. Stingray City was incredible if you have never done that. Snorkeling was "okay"... we had very rough water... thanks to "ALEX". The crew took good care of us, were prompt shutteling us back and forth. We did have time to shop before/after our excursion. No matter which company you use, it WILL be crowded , especially if there is more than (1) ship in port... just because of location, there is no way to avoid it! However, as you are chosing which group to chose, you might inquire as to how many people thet take out / boat. JMHO:) I will say that our guide on Capt. Marvins worked really hard to make sure we had a good experience. He fed the stingrays which drew them to him (and Us)... and we could pet, feed, and even "kiss" them if we wanted... or we could just enjoy them from afar....(as I did LOL). Also, even though it was crowded at Stingray city, we never felt rushed, and they made sure we all got to "encounter" the Stingrays

Archived