Bannister Island excursion on Carnival

gemini8870

My husband and I want to go to Bannister Island (without the snorkeling) but on Carnival's website the only beach excursion is "Snorkel and Beach Break". I know that there are excursions that you can only book once you are onboard the ship. Does anyone know if there is simply a Bannister Island excursion without snorkeling available once onboard?

I did try Coral Breezes, but they don't have tours going out that day. I also emailed eco tours but have not heard back.

I was also trying to snorkel and do a 'beach break', and what I see listed for the Carnival Dream for Belize is: "Barrier Reef Snorkel and Beach Break" -- I am wondering if you know that this tour actually goes to Bannister Island?? I also sent an email to Bannister Island Resort, and am told they only have tour through the ships... They were not real specific, and may not have totally understood my question, so I am emailing them again. I hope to find out something, as it does look like an interesting place to go.

• 2 weeks later...

One of the people in ou group posted a link to to..http://www.bannisterisland.com(sp) It looks like a lot of fun..I'm really interested in this one too I hope they still offer it on our Carnival cruise

I saw it on carnival dream for one of our excursions but there were NO details about it at all.....The took off the land rover/jeep excursion and that is what we were going to do......not sure if I am comfortable booking off carnival for belize..any suggestions would be GREAT!!!!

Just passing on my experience with booking this excursion. It looks perfect for us.

It's on Carnival's generic excursion list but when I tried to book it was unavailable for our Dream arrival on August 11th. Did some research (e-mailed and called) no explanation except the Bannister Island excursion "beach break" was put on hold until further notice! I asked the reps. on the phone and via e-mail and no explanation was given.

I clicked on the Coral World link at http://www.bannisterisland.com and we booked through them. Would prefer going through Carnival but they won't give us a definitive reason as to why it's on hold. Suppose we could wait until we're on the ship but that's a risk for it being sold out. At first we thought it might be because of local/regional vacations in August or less cruise traffic but Coral World is going. So who knows!! It's only a 4.5 hour excursion so it's a perfect fit for a half day relaxing beach day with a young child.

Hope this info. helps.

Happy Cruising!

nhpilgrim if you would PLEASE let us know how it is when you get back that would be great...we don't sail till Oct 2nd on the Dream. Are other 3 excursions we booked outside of Carnival as well but was afraid because of this being tender and getting off in time and back before ship leaves....

I was a bit irked that there was NO explanation on why the other excursion was cancelled and why there is NO info on this one....

JD Wilson01 and pkrchkr

Will certainly report back on the excursion when we return!

JD-I almost booked the Caye Caulker excursion because it offers more however for us, it's a much longer ride out there...40 min. as I remember and Bannister is only 10 min. away by boat. We have my elderly in-laws and young granddaughter to consider. We just want a half day "chill out" and go back to the port and look around a bit. This gives us plenty of time to relax and not rush back with the traveling crew. Bannister also has a children's play area on the beach that works for us and lots of shade for the in-laws.

If it was just the two of us I might go to Caye Caulker...it kind of reminds me (via description on Coral World) of Isla Muejeres off Cancun. That was a great day trip to an island sort of like what is pictured at Caye Caulker.

I have to say, the Coral World website was easy to maneuver and quite professional in the way they got back to me. A good indication of a well run excursion. We also booked Nachi Cocum in Cozumel for the day and Maya Chan Beach in Costa Maya. So we're all set for excursions and not one is through Carnival. We can't say we didn't try though.

Be sure to let you know how it went! 10 days to cruising...doing the happy dance here!! LOL

10 days!! wow I know you are excited!!

My hub checked the website and saw they offer the brewery tour and since our little isn't going;) and just us and another couple that looked kinda interesting. I do worry about times and tenders but says it is a total of 5.5 hrs so should be good....

We also booked Nachi Cocom in Cozumel.....really excited about that....Victor Bodden private tour in Roatan......66 days!!!!

• 8 months later...
I was also trying to snorkel and do a 'beach break', and what I see listed for the Carnival Dream for Belize is: "Barrier Reef Snorkel and Beach Break" -- I am wondering if you know that this tour actually goes to Bannister Island?? I also sent an email to Bannister Island Resort, and am told they only have tour through the ships... They were not real specific, and may not have totally understood my question, so I am emailing them again. I hope to find out something, as it does look like an interesting place to go.

http://www.thefuncruises.com/Barrier-Reef-Snorkel-at-Turneffe-and-Beach-Break.html

Archived