Carnival Cruise Wedding!!! Help?!?

My fiance' and I are going to be married on October 3rd, 2010 on the Carnival Splendor Ship - Mexican Riviera (7 day) Cruise. Any Good and/or bad experiences that anyone can share with me would be greatly appreciated. I'm so nervous & can't find many reviews. This is also my first cruise, so I'm an all around newbie to this experience. :o Thanks guys!

I am going to be on the ship that day for my wedding as well. It will be our first cruise as well. I am still trying to figure out everything. Like getting hair and makeup done.

Oh Wow! Congratulations! 2 weddings @ the same time on the same ship?!? How cool. Hopefully they can make both of our special days Perfect! ;)

I think as far as hair & makeup go, I'm gonna come with my hair & face completely done & touchup my makeup in the cabin while I'm waiting. I just don't want to end up not having time to get myself ready... :D

Depending on the port, they can do up to 3 weddings on the same day. They will have enough coordinators there and it might not be exactly at the same time. From reading reviews on here, I do know that the person with the 1.5 hour reception has her wedding first, and they only let one person book the DJ and the videographer. You'll both have photographers though, since that comes with all wedding packages.

I just spoke to my coordinator at A Wedding For You yesterday (the company Carnival uses for weddings out of NYC and Baltimore...not sure about other ports...instead of The Wedding Experience), and she told me to have my hair & makeup done before getting to the port because there will probably only be enough time to do touch ups and get dressed. I had already planned to do that though, because I don't wear makeup so I have no clue how to do it on my own. I have 2 ladies coming to my house at 6 a.m. to do my hair & makeup (and hair & makeup for my mom, MOH & bridesmaid).

Archived