Just returned from Paradise Beach

mjbelen

We were at Paradise Beach on Saturday, February 5th. As we pulled up in our taxi, the lawn was being mowed and there was a sense that the property was well maintained. We walked through the bar area to get to the beach, and it seemed very nice. We loved the two parrots and sat in lounge chairs close to their perch.

The beach was very nice. The iceberg was in the water, but as we are from south Florida the water was too cold for us to be able to go in. Other people who are most likely not from warm weather climates took advantage of the water activities. The lounge chairs were in good condition. We had an umbrella and a table. No one approached us and asked us to pay a $5.00 charge. Juan was our server and he was very attentive. I enjoyed a Chi-Chi in a pinapple and had Ceviche for lunch. My son had a few cokes and a pizza.

The sand is nice and white, though coarser than what you would find in the Virgin Islands.

We had a very nice time, but unfortunatly Tom was not there so we were not able to meet him. I will definately go back to Paradise Beach the next time I am in Cozumel.

We visited PB on Thursday, Feb 03. I had the pina cloda in the pineapple. It was adorable. Our lunch was great, the portions were large and everything was fresh. Only one small complaint and it is very small. I had salsa and nachos. Ran out of nachos way before the chips. I tried to purchase just some nachos but Oso (our waiter) said we had to purchase together. It was a small issue since the salsa and nachos were only $5. I just hated to waste the salsa so I didn't order. I would have been more than willing to pay 3 dollars or so for just a small amount of nachos.

I didn't get a chance to meet Tom as he was busy talking and we had other stops to make. There was a very cute dog that only wanted peace but everyone kept trying to pet him.

Beautiful place and we were smart enough to get there early. When I left around 2 it was packed.

My family and friends were very pleased with my recommendation.

mjbelen...what time did you leave? I was there from about 12:30 till 4 p.m. How did u escape me?:)!

Anyhooo, thanx for taking the time to post, glad ya had a great time and hopefully we´ll meet next time!

abbyndrewmom...Yeah, I tend to prefer vodka over rum as well!

cathyyoo...That bites, I apologize. I will have to remind the staff that another basket of chips on the house is worth the goodwill and P.R. Thanx for telling me.

Please, I´m never too busy to say hi to my guests! Hopefully there will be another chance to meet in the future.

That dog (Harley, chihuahua, male, mooch, overbite) belongs to one of the other managers and I´m gonna charge a buck for every time someone wants to take his picture :)!

Glad you had a good time, c'mon back, I´ll comp ya an order of salsa and chips!

abbyndrewmom...Yeah, I tend to prefer vodka over rum as well!

Tom,

I didn't realize that was the difference. We will be at PB March 17 (st Patricks day) will you have green bear? I am looking forward to a nice Chi Chi, chips and the world famous Guacamole.

DJKlove, I guess it is a Pina coloda made with Vodka instead of Rum.

mjbelen...hmmmm, gotta have a talk with that girl I guess! Cya next time!

abbyndrewmom...Yup, vodka instead of rum is correct!

No, no green bears on the 17th, but I could point you in the direction of a green iguana!! ;)

St. Pats is unheard of here, but if I remember I´ll get some green food dye for your brew...hasta la vista!

Guest Time2gocruzn

DJKlove, I guess it is a Pina coloda made with Vodka instead of Rum.

Does it taste almost the same as a Pina Colada? Vodka is my poison of choice, so hoping to find out for myself!

mjbelen...hmmmm, gotta have a talk with that girl I guess! Cya next time!

abbyndrewmom...Yup, vodka instead of rum is correct!

No, no green bears on the 17th, but I could point you in the direction of a green iguana!! ;)

St. Pats is unheard of here, but if I remember I´ll get some green food dye for your brew...hasta la vista!

Not for me, thanks. I was just curious last year we were in Walt Disney World and things got a little crazy at the end of the day. I was just wondering if the same thing would happen in Cozumel!!

No one approached us and asked us to pay a $5.00 charge. Juan was our server and he was very attentive.

Please make sure, if you do want to pay $5.00, you give it to the right person. I believe it would be the waiters, who have the blue wrist bands. Not fully understanding this, we gave the $5.00, plus a two dollar tip, to a young man who was bringing out the mats and laying them down.

He told my sister in law, that she got two for $5.00. I thought this strange, but hey, maybe the price went down, for all I knew.

This was after giving the young man who was opening up the umbrellas a two dollar tip. Well, we soon found out, that we did not have the proper blue wrist band, and we were told we needed to pay again.

After speaking with the people in charge and telling them, that we had already been told, $5.00 for the mat, which we paid, pluse a two dollar tip, the problem was addressed.

The problem was discussed many, many times with different people. We did tell them to just take the mats back.

It could have ruined our day, but those in charge at Paradise Beach were apologetic, and made all of us take wrist bands as well as a free round of drinks. Paradise Tom, did stop by and make sure it had been handled to our satisfaction. I am sure it was just a communication problem, but just want to give a heads up. We were on the beach before 9am. I guess it is not till 10am, that the waiters arrive, and they have the wrist bands.

My friend and I were there on Friday, 4 Feb. We arrived after a wild cab ride about 11:30am. Someone approached us as soon as we walked up about the wristbands, so we had that taken care of quickly.

Got two great chairs with umbrella and table right next to main aisle and one row from water. Great location. Had the nachos, very yummy. The water was cold, we didn't go in. Did kayak, which was a lot of fun. Had to leave about 1:45 pm, to go shopping, but would've loved to stay all day. I called my friend who will be in Cozumel this week (maybe today, I think) and recommended it.

Only two things puzzled me. I was surprised to be asked for a tip by Victor, the guy who handed us our kayak equipment. No complaint, just hadn't read about that on the board. Also, do the wristbands cover the floats and trampoline? There was a family 'hogging' the trampoline who didn't have wristbands. But I kind of think they didn't know about them, it looked like they had been there awhile.

I wasn't particularly crazy about Cozumel (just wasn't what I was expecting), but I would come back and go to Paradise Beach anytime!

• 4 weeks later...

Glad you had a good time, c'mon back, I´ll comp ya an order of salsa and chips!

Hmm, I'll print the email out and see if I can convince my husband that a comp of Salsa and chips means I am required to take a trip to Cozumel. I have friends going to Cozumel in April and I recommended your beach. I sent them the link to your website. Hats off to your webmaster, nice site. When we reminisce about our trip someone always says "and I loved Paradise Beach, good call Cathy" So thanks for making me look like I know something.

Archived