1st time cruise for friend that found out she is pregnant!

cruisegirl36

Wow people, you guys are harsh. Nothing wrong with being prepared, and a cruise board is the perfect place to ask if other pregnant women have cruised before and had any experience to share. There is so much that you can forget to ask at your first OB appointment, it goes fast and even with your questions written down you always think of others you should have asked when it's done. Great idea to ask here first and get some idea on the questions to ask your doctor!

Is she asking YOU for all this help? And then you're asking complete strangers? She married?

WHAT PILLS SHE COULD TAKE??????

Well lets see yes she is married, not sure why that matters. We are best friends and I am probably just as excited as she is. She didnt ask me for the help I just thought this would be a good place to get some pointers to help her out. Complete strangers??? yes you are right I once again just thought I could get some help on excursions that may be good since I am soo stuck on what we can do, even before we found out she was pregnant. Alot of the excurisons are soo expensive that I want to pick a good one.

Well lets see yes she is married, not sure why that matters. We are best friends and I am probably just as excited as she is. She didnt ask me for the help I just thought this would be a good place to get some pointers to help her out. Complete strangers??? yes you are right I once again just thought I could get some help on excursions that may be good since I am soo stuck on what we can do, even before we found out she was pregnant. Alot of the excurisons are soo expensive that I want to pick a good one.

Ah. Now I get it. It's more like "How is her pregancy going to affect MY cruise?"

WOW I am shocked that this got turned sooo upside down... I was just trying to get advice on some things to talk to her doctor about and what excursion ideas I could get. I did get some things, thanks to some:

I will have her check with her doctor about sea sickness medication, about the natural waters, how much activity she thinks she should be doing. I will be sure her to bring some Tums or indigestion medicine with us. I am going to make sure we bring plenty of water on board to stay hydrated. I think we will go to the excusrion talk and find out what we would like to do then.

WOW I am shocked that this got turned sooo upside down... I was just trying to get advice on some things to talk to her doctor about and what excursion ideas I could get. I did get some things, thanks to some:

I will have her check with her doctor about sea sickness medication, about the natural waters, how much activity she thinks she should be doing. I will be sure her to bring some Tums or indigestion medicine with us. I am going to make sure we bring plenty of water on board to stay hydrated. I think we will go to the excusrion talk and find out what we would like to do then.

Don't let the grumpies bother you. They probably just rolled out of the wrong side of their beds. This is a very helpful place to gather information so you can share it with your friend. It's very thoughtful of you.

I hope you and your friend have a lovely cruise.

Don't let the grumpies bother you. They probably just rolled out of the wrong side of their beds. This is a very helpful place to gather information so you can share it with your friend. It's very thoughtful of you.

Thank you very much!

MrPete, there's a new thread asking about motion sickness meds. Better go reprimand them for not asking their doctors which meds to take. ;)

I must run over to find out if they are confusing OTC and Rx.

Oh brother.....wait till they find out. :D

I think you are really blowing this out of porportion.........unless of course this person is just a child...she should be able to communicate fine with her doctor;)

As far as the excursions....being in her first trimester she will be fine to do just about any of them......unless of course it is listed on the excursion not recommended for pregnant women.....

Are you doing Carnival or independent excursions? Research and find out how strenuous they are.....most have that in their descriptions.....

Exercise is the best thing for pregnancy......the more she keeps active the better she will feel......don't have a pity party.....she is just pregnant......seriously.......common sense.....no drinking and dancing on the tables at Senor Frogs;)

I think you are really blowing this out of porportion.........unless of course this person is just a child...she should be able to communicate fine with her doctor;)

As far as the excursions....being in her first trimester she will be fine to do just about any of them......unless of course it is listed on the excursion not recommended for pregnant women.....

Are you doing Carnival or independent excursions? Research and find out how strenuous they are.....most have that in their descriptions.....

Exercise is the best thing for pregnancy......the more she keeps active the better she will feel......don't have a pity party.....she is just pregnant......seriously.......common sense.....no drinking and dancing on the tables at Senor Frogs;)

We really havent decided on an excursion yet... I was hoping to get some ideas. we may just do beach time alot of stuff in Jamaica you have to take a long car ride and I nor her want to do that. I have trouble with motion sickness and dont want to be a car for an hour and half with someone else driving

We really havent decided on an excursion yet... I was hoping to get some ideas. we may just do beach time alot of stuff in Jamaica you have to take a long car ride and I nor her want to do that. I have trouble with motion sickness and dont want to be a car for an hour and half with someone else driving

Where else you going besides Jamaica?

I think it's wonderful for your friend! I bet she is excited. My friend called her cruise during pregnancy a babymoon. (That one vacation prior to that first baby)

I'd say go for the more relaxing excursions. I think avoiding the hot tub is great advice. It heats the body temperature, which can't be good for mom or baby. Other than that, tell her to have fun on her babymoon. :)

Well I am surprised all the negativity about asking on the board ideas of what to maybe do as excursions or things to watch for. As I said neither of us have had a child so I was hoping to have some things for her to ask her doctor about. For instance, swimming in the ocean or what pills she could take. Just wanted to give her questions to go to the doctor with. We defiantely dont want to do the ATV excursion we had thought about doing and some of the beach parties wouldnt necessarily be worth the money because she can not drink. I think we may take a tour in Jamaica not sure yet and maybe the same in Grand Cayman. We had already planned Nachi Cocom which I still think will be worth the $48 even though she cant drink

Don't let any mean negative people scare you. It's sad, I have noticed through the years that these boards have gone downhill.....they used to be a lot friendlier.

I hope you guys have a great cruise! Another thing to think about, if you wanted to opt out of spending a lot of time on shore if there aren't any "safe" excursions available that you are interested in, it might be a good opportunity to enjoy the day on the ship and take advantage of the spa specials!

So I think I have maybe come down to a couple things...

Jamaica going to Sunset Beach, Cayman going to Seven mIle beach-royal palm and Cozumel- Nachi

I think you will all have a great time at those places. Have a great cruise!

Archived