Sailing Carnival Valor July 18th, question about Main Deck Aft

DreemWeaver

I will be located in a category 6B on the main deck far aft. Anyone experienced or know of any problems with engine noise/vibrations at this level. It is my third cruise on Carnival but the first for my husband on any cruiseline. I want him to have a nice first experience.

Also, is a 6B considered a good, average, or so-so stateroom? Thanks!

Doro

I hope someone can answer your question. We sailed the Valor's sister ship, Glory in a 6B, but it was Riviera deck, midship and it was great. Same size as other oceanview rooms. I'm not sure if the Conquest class ships will feel vibrations in the aft section or not. It did seem that the aft dining room had a little more of a vibration than the midship dining room. Not bad, but noticible at times.

Please don't hate me for being honest, just providing the answer to your question...

We just got off the Valor on July 11, had room 2xxx, aft 'corner' cabin, Main Deck. Pretty high level of vibes and noise when the ship was going at full speed and when docking. Really quieted down when going less than 15 knots as we did when returning to Miami from Cozumel. Glad we brought earplugs. There are no cabins below the aft Main deck, just a big open space, maybe that's the problem. The corner room is huge but the price is paid by the noise. Don't worry, don't let it ruin your cruise. A few drinks before bed helps tremendously:D!

Happy Sailing!

Hi Dreem..

We sailed the Valor last year and had an aft cabin on Deck 7 (Empress Deck). We had cabin 7442 - if you go to http://www.*****, go to Carnival Valor, you can click on cabin 7442 and see my photos of it. That should give you a good idea of what you're getting. We loved the aft cabin, so much so that we booked an aft cabin on the Legend for October. I didn't find the engine noise bothersome at all, and the minimal vibrations we felt actually helped us sleep. The Empress Deck is higher up than the Main, but the photos will give you a basic idea of the views, how much privacy you have, etc.

Hi Dreem..

We sailed the Valor last year and had an aft cabin on Deck 7 (Empress Deck). We had cabin 7442 - if you go to www.*****, go to Carnival Valor, you can click on cabin 7442 and see my photos of it. That should give you a good idea of what you're getting. We loved the aft cabin, so much so that we booked an aft cabin on the Legend for October. I didn't find the engine noise bothersome at all, and the minimal vibrations we felt actually helped us sleep. The Empress Deck is higher up than the Main, but the photos will give you a basic idea of the views, how much privacy you have, etc.

Not the same! 7442 is a balcony cabin, Aft cabins on the Main deck are Ocean View, no balcony. Trust me, there is a HUGE difference in noise and vibration between aft cabins on deck 2 vs deck 7. But like I said, enjoy it, don't worry, bring ear plugs!

DreemWeaver: In 2006 you had an aft cabin on Main on the Valor. I see you just sailed again on the Valor. What did you think of the aft cabin? Did you get the same cabin again? I have an aft cabin on the Splendor in Sept and am worried and wonder if I should try to change my cabin. Hope you had a nice cruise!

Sorry, I mixed up your join date with the date of the post, in my last post. Looks like you will just be completing the aft cabin cruise. I can't wait to hear if it is really noisy and has lots of vibration or not!

• 2 weeks later...

@Aurorahm.

The noise of the anchors (I guess it was the anchors) woke my husband every morning and he hated it. It did not bother me at all. It was like an alarm clock for me. I would excitedly hop out of bed and look out the window to see what was going on. And it was not all that early. I would say around 6:30 or 7:00 a.m. That was about the only noise in the aft that we could hear. My friends on the upper levels (7220... area) said they heard noise all night from the clubs that kept them awake. Friends in the 7230.... area said they heard nothing! Go figure!

I slept like a baby in my aft 6B OV cabin. Loved it!

Thanks Dreem. I am glad it was a good cabin. Since it is my 25 wedding anniversary, I decided to upgrade to a balcony and ended up on the Panorama deck, so I am pretty happy and I won't have to worry about that alarm clock, since we have cabins above and below us. :)

Archived