Roll call- Celebrity Infinity Aug. 27th Alaska

bobnjeff

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yes, Yes we are! I have had a post on here since November with no response. I am also on on a roll call on Infiniti. We need four more people to sign up for the connections party. You should sign up. Join us on the other roll call too. Deb and I are in our 50's. This is our fourth cruise but first Alaskan cruise. Starting to get excited now that August is actually here. Our other cruises have been Caribbean. Excursions planned, now we pack and wait. What about you guys?

We signed up for cruise connections when we booked a few weeks ago. I have been lurking in the main chat room but not posting.

This is our 12th or 13th cruise. Lost count. Our 5th on Celebrity. 1st time to Alaska. We are flying in a couple of days earlier and hope to see a little of Seattle. No plans as to excursions yet. Do you have any good ideas?

We hope there will be a gay/lesbian meeting on board. We are retired innkeepers from Ogunquit ME. Used to own a gay/lesbian B&B for 23 years.

We'll look forward to meeting you on board.

Jeff and Bob

WOW! A B&B. That must have been fun. I'm sure you have met many great people. Deb is a retired teacher and I am a bookkeeper/legal assistant. We have been together 16 years. I would hope that there are more gay people on this cruise. Don't all cruises have gay/lesbian meetings? We met some very nice couples that way on our last cruise. Sounds like you cruise a lot. We went on our first cruise 4 years ago and love it. Have you ever been on the Infiniti? This is our first time on any Celebrity ship.

We finally booked our exursions a few weeks ago. Just went by what people have posted here on Cruise Critic. Heli/Dog sled in Skagway followed by tour with Dyea Dave, Whale watching in Juneau and float plane in Ketchican. We don't have anything booked in Victoria. We are arriving in Seattle the day before. We are thinking of doing the duck boats.

Don't know if we'll get the connections party. Hopefully at the last minute we'll get more people to sign up.

Hello,

We are not on this cruise :( but we have cruised Alaska three times, once on Infinity and twice on Mercury! The Infinity is a wonderful ship! The sauna in the locker room is huge and has three large portholes that look out onto the ocean. It is really cool!

The SS United States is a MUST! It was the most amazing dining experience we have ever had. If you are members of Captain's club, call TODAY to book your reservation. I would suggest one of the formal nights if you can because it makes it that much more special!

If you have any other questions about the ship or itinerary from a gay couple’s viewpoint, please don't hesitate to ask! :)

Pat (& Paul)

Thanks for the info you guys. Are you sure you can't go? I'm glad you had a good experience on the Infinity. Many of the reviews that I have been reading have not been so positive. I was starting to get worried, but decided to form my own opinion. I am just happy to be cruising and going to Alaska. Does the Infinity have gay/lesbian meetings? Have you done any of the excursions that I mention above? What about in Victoria? Since we are only there from 7:00 P.M. to 11:59 P.M. and it is our last night on the ship, what can we really do?

Thanks for the info you guys. Are you sure you can't go? I'm glad you had a good experience on the Infinity. Many of the reviews that I have been reading have not been so positive. I was starting to get worried, but decided to form my own opinion. I am just happy to be cruising and going to Alaska. Does the Infinity have gay/lesbian meetings? Have you done any of the excursions that I mention above? What about in Victoria? Since we are only there from 7:00 P.M. to 11:59 P.M. and it is our last night on the ship, what can we really do?

Linda,

I wish we could go, but we are cruising in Hawaii this year on the RSVP cruise! Can't afford both sorry to say.

Since we have cruised the inside passage we have done many excursions, but the only one we did that is close to one you mention was a sea otter / wildlife adventure tour out of Sitka. We saw whales and sea otters and bald eagles oh my!

Celebrity changed their FOD / LGBT meeting style in the fall of last year. They are inline with the parent company RCI where all meetings or gatherings of all groups will be posted on a wall next to the reception desk each morning. They are no longer printed in the dalies. But when we cruised Infinity in May of 2006 there was a meeting every night and even some of the crew swapped shifts so they could work the venue and be near the boys and girls so to speak. :D

That is a real shame about Victoria. The three times we have visited Victoria we had at least 8 hours during the day there. Try to make it to The Empress hotel at least. Go inside and see what it looks like. If you are beer drinkers there are lots of good pubs to visit. There are even a couple of gay pubs if you research before hand.

The Infinity may be starting to show some age, but I'm sure it is still a great ship! Well laid out and lots to do on board.

Pat

There is a shuttle waiting at the pier to wisk you away to the Empress or several spots in downtown Victoria. There is a fee though, I think it's like $7 or $8 roundtrip. I just don't remember. It's worth it though. There are several buses that run roundtrip until 30 min before departure.

By the way, you MUST stop into the Artcic Bar in Ketchikan and at least buy a T-Shirt. They will blow your mind! :D

Pat

Tell me more about this Arctic Bar. Is this walking distance from the dock. What makes it a MUST?

Yes, it is very close to the pier, less than 100 yards. The T-Shirts and Hats they sell are very fun. It is also a very friendly bar and they have a deck out back that looks out onto the pier.

• 7 months later...

Hi all.

Yes, I want to echo the comments on here that the Infinity is a wonderful ship !! Have been on it twice (South America both times). Am thinking of doing the Alaska cruise this summer. Just not sure which week is the best for me. I will most likely be traveling solo.

The happy hours in the Martini Bar are excellent. I always have fun there meeting people and visiting.

Enjoy your cruise!

DallasSteve

Archived