Majesty Of The Seas, April

CrusingJoe

This is the first 4 or 3 day cruise we have taken. Not to say we are doing a triple back to back. (4 days, 3 days 4 days.) We have sailed several 7, 10 & 12 days. Any information on the type of cruiser there would be on a short cruise? Do they have formal night or is it smart casual? Anyone else going?

My partner and I have been on the Majesty twice, never on a B2B.

Last time was this past September, between Frances and Ivan---interesting cruise. Never had any problems or attitude from the crew, in fact stayed in the same cabin with the same cabin attendent both times. Hung out in the Schooner Bar where a lot of the "show staff" hang out after working. Prefer the Mikado Dining Room, the Maytime has that closed in feeling. 1 formal night, on the 4 night cruise usually on the 2nd night. Not sure about the 3 night cruise.

Any questions, feel free to ask.

Thanks for the information. I will call my TA and see if they can reserve The Mikado Dining Room. Who was the CD on you your cruise? Did they offer a FOD? I like to go to the gym/spa daily, how does the workout facilites on this ship compare to the norm? I am told that a shorter cruise appeals to the younger set. Did you find this on The Majesty?

CD back in September was Warren Melhush (or something to that effect).

No FOD gatherings, at least that were announced.

I used the spa services. My partner used the gym, however he said a quarter of the equipment was either broken or "out of service". Hopefully it's all fixed now.

It's a mixed age group on the ship, leaning towards the younger side a little. The shorter cruises are always more of a party atmosphere than the longer ones. If you get to the Schooner Bar, our favourite, check to see if Ayhan is still working there----took very good care of me. Tell him the martini guzzler from the "between the hurricanes" cruise said hi.

I sure hope the gym equipment is fixed. I must go daily and at least do cardio. If I don't I will gain 10 pounds from the food I eat and the cosmo's I drink. (Vacation) My partner and I spend a lot of time in The Schooner Bar. It's our favorite place to people watch and meet new friends. Have you ran into Barry form Boston? Barry Rockland. He plays piano for RCCL in The Schooner Bar and is a good friend of ours. We meet him on on one of our cruises and have been friend sense. If Ayhan is there I will tell him you said hi. And yes we do take care of and will take care of Ayhan, if he's as good as you say. I beleive you get more with honey.

Hello...

My partner and I were on the Majesty last month for the 4 night. We were on the Oosterdam first, off that ship on a Sunday and on the Majesty Monday. I was a bit nervous about the Majesty after HAL, but we had a nice time. I liked the layout of the ship, it was very open and easy to move around. We had casual nights and 1 formal night. The formal night was nice, a few men in a tux but not many. We did not for this cruise and it was more comfortable for us. You will have many first time cruises, many young people, and many people from the Florida area ... at least we did. Long story short we enjoyed it and for the money it was worth the trip.

Have fun.

L.

Archived