AQUAVENTURE WITH MY 8yo SON

robgbrooklyn

I am booked on a cruise from NY to Nassau in late August/early September with my 8yo son.

One of our stops is Nassau, Atlantis.

The difference in price from booking it through Carnival (for myself and my 8yo son) is about 190$.

Carnival = $270

direct through Atlantis = $180

If I book it through Carnival, we are guaranteed a spot, transportation and a meal is included for both of us... however we have to leave at 130pm (we arrive at 930 am)

II book it through Atlantis, I can only do so the day we arrive. The problem with this is they might be sold out (again it's September 1st when we arrive.) And I would have to pay for my own transportation and food for the day.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thank you

I am booked on a cruise from NY to Nassau in late August/early September with my 8yo son.

One of our stops is Nassau, Atlantis.

The difference in price from booking it through Carnival (for myself and my 8yo son) is about 190$.

Carnival = $270

direct through Atlantis = $180

If I book it through Carnival, we are guaranteed a spot, transportation and a meal is included for both of us... however we have to leave at 130pm (we arrive at 930 am)

II book it through Atlantis, I can only do so the day we arrive. The problem with this is they might be sold out (again it's September 1st when we arrive.) And I would have to pay for my own transportation and food for the day.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thank you

It looks like there are 6 ships in port that day...they only sell a limited number of passes directly from Atlantis...

You do realize the slides don't open until around 10:00-10:30 am? I have done the Aquaventure several times and this does not give you a lot of time as you need to give yourself ATLEAST an hour to get to the locker, get dried off, get your stuff and walk to the hotel to get a cab back to ship and get back to the ship...the cab ride back is about 20-30 minutes IF you hit no major traffic...

The expense of getting there is a cab ride of $4 per person each way...and lunch will run you about $10 per person...but if you need to leave by 1:30 I would just wait until I got back on the ship to eat and not

waste that extra 30-40 minutes...

Just another option for you...you can book the comfort suites right next door...check in as soon as you get there and head over to Atlantis...will take you about 15 extra minutes to do it this way but the cost for 1 adult and 1 child is $283.67 with all taxes for the day...let me know if you need any info on this option...we have done this a few times when there are 3 or 4 of us and it works out well for us...

Archived