Norwegian Gem September 18 2010

europe2010

I am looking for crusiers on the Norwegan Gem September 18 2010 sailing

You found us..... some time ago. Did you get lost?:o ;)

Please come over to the roll call and join in - we're now collecting names for a Meet and Greet....the more the merrier :D

I didn't get lost, but I'm having some problems manuvering around in this website. I am just now looking into the excusrsions. Any opinions?

I'm not sure which ones to book, and if I need to book them at every port.

I didn't get lost, but I'm having some problems manuvering around in this website. I am just now looking into the excusrsions. Any opinions?

I'm not sure which ones to book, and if I need to book them at every port.

Hi europe2010

Are you having problems finding the Roll Calls, or Ports boards, or both?

You will find lots of info in those places.

Do you want to book only NCL excursions? You can go DIY or private excursions in some or all ports if you want but you need to do some research or let us know you're interests...are you mobile or do you have walking disabilities...etc. etc. etc. You might find people on the roll call who are willing to share private tours.

Also go to the top menu across the Cruise Critic web page and click on "Reviews" (on the far right). Then look at the box labeled "Cruise Reviews", and click on the down arrow beside "ship reviews" and pick Norwegian Gem....then scroll down to "member reviews"....lots of reviews there for this itinerary....some include port reviews.....look for the link at the bottom of each review.

We have a good roll call going....as mentioned in a previous post which includes a link...come on over...:)

• 3 weeks later...

I am having problems finding anything. When I do, it is by chance. I will follow the leads you posted above. We like to roam the streets and don't have any walking disabilites. I am thinking that we might like to do shorter excfursions and then wander around. From the research I've done, it seems we may not need to book an excursion in Nafplion because a tender takes you right into the port and city. Izmir looked to me like we would need a tour to get there. Any opinions? Atens seemed huge to me, so again, we thought a shorter tour so we could roam around. Dubrovnik I haven't gathered all my info yet.

I am having problems finding anything. When I do, it is by chance. I will follow the leads you posted above. We like to roam the streets and don't have any walking disabilites. I am thinking that we might like to do shorter excfursions and then wander around. From the research I've done, it seems we may not need to book an excursion in Nafplion because a tender takes you right into the port and city. Izmir looked to me like we would need a tour to get there. Any opinions? Atens seemed huge to me, so again, we thought a shorter tour so we could roam around. Dubrovnik I haven't gathered all my info yet.

Hi

I replied to your message about Venice on the roll call.

We are taking NCL tour in Izmir, but if you go to the roll call I believe mrs.smack is looking for participants for a private tour to Ephesus.

DIY in Nafplion.:)

For Athens we have booked a tour with Athens Walking Tours and pre-booked a taxi to take us there from the cruise port. Others have booked private tours and some are just taking the metro and DIY in Athens.

We have a good walking tour map and description for Dubrovnik old town and the walls.

I know it's a lot to read but if you go through the roll call messages, especially the more recent ones, you will find good info and links for some of the above.:) Let me know if you want something specific, but it will be better for you if you post on the roll call so that others on our sailing can let you know if they want to share tours.

Archived