Question About ES,Past Guest & OBC

ladyvette826

I have a question regarding the Early Saver program and how it works regarding Past Guests.

I just recently requested an OBC because the price dropped on my cruise and I did receive the credit...but, I have not been given any statement or invoice to let me know what amount was actually credited to my account. My TA is having some personal family issues at the moment so I don't want to hassle her with questions right now...but, I am interested to find out.

If you receive a credit because Carnival is running a Past Guest rate and you qualify as a Past Guest...do you get the credit for both of the people in your cabin even if only one of you is actually a past guest or will only one of us get the credit?

I was just wondering about this because I'm the one who booked the cruise and I am the past guest...but, my husband is not and I would like to know if I will get the price drop for both of us or just myself.

Also...I know that many of you see your OBC balances within your travel documents on Carnival's site. However, when I go to look at my documents...the only thing that is showing is "As Agreed" in all of the boxes under the Itemized Charges section. Could this be because I have already filled out all of my Fun Pass information or should it still be showing there regardless? It's not showing that I pre-paid my gratuities either, which I did yesterday.

Thanks in advance for any information you guys may be able to provide!

Oh good! I'm glad it is for both of us and not just myself :D

Now, if I can just get all of my payments and credits to show up in my documents, I will feel better. Maybe I will try calling Carnival and see if that is something they can fix for me.

Thanks for the info about the credit!

Oh good! I'm glad it is for both of us and not just myself :D

Now, if I can just get all of my payments and credits to show up in my documents, I will feel better. Maybe I will try calling Carnival and see if that is something they can fix for me.

Thanks for the info about the credit!

Let us know if they help you. Most times if you book through a TA they won't help you. I have seen the occasional post where they did help.

Hope everything gets straightened out for you in a timely manner.

Bill

It takes several days before the documents will show your on-board credit. I had the same problem and called Carnival, they explained that it can take 7 - 10 days before your documents show your On Board Credits or pre paid tips. If it has been longer than that, I would give them a call.

One other tip - We always buy ourselves "Funship" gift certificates in the form of on-board credits before we sale. We buy one $100 certificate each month from the time we book the cruise until we sail - we will have a $700 credit when we board next month! We love it, it is an easy and painless way to budget for those inevitable on board charges. :D

I applied for an OBC Tuesday. Got an email from Carnival Thursday saying it was declined because the lower rate was for a lower category. I sent the print screen confirming that it was the same category Friday morning and by lunch time Carnival had responded and I could see the credit on the MY BILLING tab of my cruise details as BOOKING CHARGE/CREDOT $XX.XX. I also got an email from Carnival with Guest Confirmation and the OBC was listed under Itemized Charges.

3 days total for me...

It's my first OBC so I don't know if this is the normal time it takes or not.

Well, Carnival wouldn't help me because I went through a TA :(. So, I have emailed her to see if she can fix things for me. I hope this is something she can fix because I would really love to just be able to log into Carnival, look at my travel documents and see what I've paid and what I have available in OBC. I like having documentation to take with me in case there is a problem once I board the ship...cause you never know!

One other tip - We always buy ourselves "Funship" gift certificates in the form of on-board credits before we sale. We buy one $100 certificate each month from the time we book the cruise until we sail - we will have a $700 credit when we board next month! We love it, it is an easy and painless way to budget for those inevitable on board charges. :D

I just did that the other day myself! I got $150 in Funship Dollars to be applied as OBC. I already had an OBC of $60...so, that gives me $210 total! Any little bit helps, right?

Well, Carnival wouldn't help me because I went through a TA :(. So, I have emailed her to see if she can fix things for me. I hope this is something she can fix because I would really love to just be able to log into Carnival, look at my travel documents and see what I've paid and what I have available in OBC. I like having documentation to take with me in case there is a problem once I board the ship...cause you never know!

Sorry they wouldn't help you.:( It seems like an easy fix on your TA's part. Hope the family matters don't interfere with her job.

Not fair to his/her clients.

You are very smart to want to have documentation, and you're right, you never know.

I take everything with me and never need it. The one time I don't bring everything I'll need it. lol

Bill

Sorry they wouldn't help you.:( It seems like an easy fix on your TA's part. Hope the family matters don't interfere with her job.

Not fair to his/her clients.

You are very smart to want to have documentation, and you're right, you never know.

I take everything with me and never need it. The one time I don't bring everything I'll need it. lol

Bill

Thanks, Bill!

My TA said she had my file on her desk and would get to it soon :o. She is a good TA...just going through some stuff right now that made me feel bad about bothering her with my issue.

You are right, though...the one time I don't bring something along with me is the one time I need it! I have terrible luck and if something bad is going to happen, it usually happens to me. We've always joked around that I have a dark cloud following me...LOL!

Archived