Are open toed strapped Teva sandles ok for Roseau Best Hike with bumpiing/Levi???

jenrdh55

Sorry! I have read in all the threads to wear water shoes but just wondering if it is ok to have open toed or will I be bumping my toes all over the place? I already have the Teva strapped open toed and will buy close toed if it is necessary I just don't know what to do!!! Here is what we will be hiking/doing:

Middleham Falls, Titou Gorge, Trafalgar Falls, and Wotten Waven Sulphur springs.

I'm mostly concerned about the Middleham falls hike.

Thank you in advance!

teva_hurricane_wedgewood_rg.jpg These are what I have!

I did Titou Gorge and Trafalgar Falls with Levi and wore sneakers and carried my Tevas. I felt steadier hiking in a real pair of shoes. It wasn't really an issue of open toe/closed toe - more about the support of a full sport shoe. At Trafalgar Falls, I was going to change into my Tevas to go into the hot spring pool, but I ended up just wearing my sneakers into the water. The trails we were on were up and down with lots of uneven spots where you had to step down onto rocks. This can be slippery if it has just rained, so you need good traction. Having said all that, I did see folks doing Trafalgar Falls in regular flip flops, so.....to each his own.

Archived