taking wine bottles on board

czexrus

Does Carnival allow you to carry wine bottles onboard? I wasn't sure if you had to smuggle them or just carry them on.

Suitcase or Carry On?

thanks

You are allowed to bring one bottle per person in your carry on.

Just sailed on Carnival Glory on 7-8-10. They allowed one bottle of wine per person over age 21 but it has to be carried on. We put two wine bottles in our small roll on bag with our swim suits and usual carry on stuff. No questions or problems.

There is a $10 corkage fee if you bring the wine bottle down to the restaurant. You can also keep it in your room and drink it there. From what I've been told on here, you can get your room steward to bring you a corkscrew to open it up and get wine glasses from the bartender. No corkage fee for that.

Would a box of wine work or is that considered too much? There are two of us and I plan to take one of those Target boxes of wine (small).

I don't know. The website says 750ml. Each of you can take that amount, but I'm not sure if it needs to be in two separate containers. You might want to call Carnival's toll-free number and ask them. Their reps are pretty knowledgeable and polite.

Just leave it in your carry-on. They will see it in the scanner.

Can you bring outside of your carry-on though?

I know Carnival employees are getting fanatical about the size of your cooler. Are they getting serious about the size and quantities of what you are trying to carry-on also?

TICKET CONTRACT

(f) Except as noted below,

Guests are prohibited from bringing alcohol on Carnival’s vessels for on board consumption. However, at the beginning of the cruise during embarkation day only, guests 21 years and older may bring one bottle of wine or champagne per person on board only in their carry on luggage.

A $10 corkage fee per bottle will be charged should guests wish to consume this wine/champagne in the dining room, or a $14 corkage fee per bottle if consumed in the steakhouse. All alcohol, additional quantities of wine/champagne and excessive non-alcoholic beverages will be confiscated and discarded without compensation.

Alcoholic beverages purchased in the vessel’s gift shops or at a port of call will be retained by Carnival until the end of the voyage. Carnival reserves the right to refuse to serve alcohol to any passenger. Guest acknowledges that the minimum age permitted for the purchase, possession or consumption of alcoholic beverages aboard Carnival’s vessels is twenty-one (21).

Guest agrees to supervise all persons under age twenty-one (21) under Guest’s charge to insure that they do not violate this, or any other, shipboard regulation. Guests who attempt to purchase alcohol by using false identification or the Sail & Sign card of a Guest who is twenty-one or older will be deemed in violation of this policy.

Any Guest twenty-one or older who attempts to or purchases alcohol for any guest under twenty-one will also be deemed in violation of this policy. Guest agrees that Carnival has the right to disembark any guest who violates this policy and as well as any adults traveling with minors who violate this policy or any other shipboard regulation.

Doesn't anybody know if we could have problem having the bottle of wine in the carry-on on the flights? I wouldn't like to see our wine confiscated by Delta!:(

You will have to put it in your checked bag because you can only get thru security with containers less than 3ozs...

Simply wrap it in clothing and place in the center of your suitcase & you wont have any trouble... Once you arrive at the airport just pull it out and put it in your carry on. If you leave it in your checked bag port security will most likely take it out.

Archived