lido or buffett type foods??

Eva65

there is that thread about eating dinner at the buffet. Just wondering what type of food is there. is there fried chicken, steak, mashed potatoes? please list some foods for me. I have never cruised before

there is that thread about eating dinner at the buffet. Just wondering what type of food is there. is there fried chicken, steak, mashed potatoes? please list some foods for me. I have never cruised before

During Lunch the buffet has a thing called Taste of the Nations, something like that which each day they offer cusine like from India, Japan, American, Carribbean etc. The buffet area also has a grille with hotdogs, minute steaks, burgers, fries, chicken tenders, chilly etc.

They also have the typical Veggi and frut bar.

The bigger ships offer more food stations like the Fish and Chips station, Chicken Rotisserie bar, Mongolian Grille bar, Burrito Bar, Mexican Taco Bar, Wok Noodle Bar etc.

Lots of Desserts !!!

Oh, I almost forgot the Sandwich station and the 24 Hour Pizzaria.

For Dinner, they offer foods of all types like a Pasta dinner, Chicken, Steak and Fish and with all the veggi's, mash potatoes or potatoes cooked in different styles.

Buffet area also serves Ice Cream, Soft Serve with the cone and they also have Tea, Coffee and juices.

Fred

The ships I have been on have the taste of the nations, burger grill which has mashed potatoes, mac & cheese, chili, fries, chicken tenders in addition to the burgers & hot dogs.

The 24 hour deli makes the best grilled reuben sandwiches you will ever eat. I'm not a sour kraut eater normally and the thought of pastrami and sour kraut sounds gross to me. My DH ordered one on CCL with doublemeat and I was shocked at how good it tasted. Now I order them every cruise. Yum. I think I've perfected the recipe at home using my sandwich grill press, the right sour kraut with sugar to sweeten it. Oh it is really good.

They also usually have some kind of rotisserie carved meat like roast beef, ham, or whatever meat. They are usually set up in several different stations that serve different stuff at each so you are best to walk around and get an idea of what you want. This is one of CCL's cons compared to RCCL. If you want one item from one station and something else from another station, by the time you wait in all the lines, your food is cold.

The evening buffet also posts a menu sometime in the late afternoon which will show the offerings that night. I became a big fan of eating supper at the buffet on my last cruise. I should have started doing that long ago.

The one time you will see fried chicken is the taste of the nation "American" day. It will have southern fried chicken.

As for dining at the buffet. I find the buffet dinner men limited. They do have a meat, fish, and carvery item everynight. Steak is not an items I saw at the buffet ever. The dining room always has a choice of steak for dinner and the steakhouse (extra charge) specializes in higher grades of beef.

The evening buffet also posts a menu sometime in the late afternoon which will show the offerings that night. I became a big fan of eating supper at the buffet on my last cruise. I should have started doing that long ago.

We've never had dinner in the buffet, but this next trip, we will definitely be going to the buffet instead of the dining room. IIRC, they had an East Indian theme, Italian theme, and a Mexican theme for food. There was always the Mongolian grill, and the salad bar is always good. Always hot dogs and burgers, and the deli. You won't go hungry and there's plenty of a variety to choose from.

The one time you will see fried chicken is the taste of the nation "American" day. It will have southern fried chicken.

As for dining at the buffet. I find the buffet dinner men limited. They do have a meat, fish, and carvery item everynight. Steak is not an items I saw at the buffet ever. The dining room always has a choice of steak for dinner and the steakhouse (extra charge) specializes in higher grades of beef.

On the Triumph, they had the flat iron steak one night.

I remember waiting on it.

Archived