Dawn Canada/New England Sept???

lovesublime

Hey all! It was in 2007 we last cruised NCL (Pearl-great cruise, BTW) and I've forgotten a few things. First, we did order a bar set up for our cabin and I've forgotten how to go about doing a bar order again. I would really appreciate if anyone has the phone # or email to order this bar set up. I've looked through all my previous documents and just cannot find this info.

Also, I cannot remember what time the Garden Cafe closes down in the evening. I do remember that we had late excursions and ended up in the buffet a couple of nights. And I seem to remember that really, really late-the only options for food were room service or Blue Lagoon. Is my memory correct on that? Can we get a hamburger really late? None of us can remember any of this for some reason.

And lastly, can anyone can comment on what kind of temperatures we can expect for Canada/New England in late Sept? We can deal with anything (have cruised Alaska twice) but just wanting to get an idea of what we should be packing. Thanks for any help!

Last year we cruised to Canada on the Dawn Sept 13th. We hit some terrible weather (Halifax) drizzling, windy, cold. Nothing that kept us on the ship though. We also had some very pleasant weather (Newport) where we didn't even need a sweater. A waterproof windbreaker & layering your clothing is the key.

This will give you the mean temps at Halifax for month of September. It is a Maritime type climate, however if there are any low pressure areas moving up the coast and with the counter-clockwise circulations, Halifax is susceptible to drizzle/mist/rain and even low temps with on-shore winds. Having said that(and being from that neck of the woods), I have experienced very pleasent weather conditions there most of the time during late summer/early fall

Do enjoy your trip.

http://weather.uk.msn.com/daily_averages.aspx?&wealocations=wc%3aCAXX0183&weai=9&q=Halifax%2c+CAN&setunit=F

OP: Weather in New England in late Sept should be high 60's to mid 70's during the day and very cool at night. The air during the day will have a "crispness" about it.

If you are planning on seeing foliage, you may want to head inlands to the mountains for excursions. Typically the coast is the last to change around mid October and the higher elevations much sooner.

I hope you enjoy your cruise, we live in Maine - hope you stop in Acadia/Bar Harbor - it is gorgeous!!!

Archived