Recent Labadee visit??

I have a couple of questions:o

I've read about taking a tram to the beach towards the right side of the Island. Is the tram free?

Which beach do you recommend and what is the best way to get there?

Anything you can tell me about renting wave runners would be great!

Thanks in advance :)

Hi, not really a recent visit (Oct 2009) but I think the "tram" you're referring to is the Land Train, which is free. We caught it from near the BBQ/Bar/Restroom area of Columbus Beach, back to the embarkation point.

I only visited Columbus Beach but it was lovely - sandy, lots of palm trees, a great view of the Sea Trek inflatables (and at that time, a great view of FOS, tendered off-shore, but of course the pier is finished now).

The only drawback about Columbus Beach on the day we visited was the amount of jellyfish in the water. Kind of put the children off using the water park, and I got stung on the legs. However, having only visited Labadee once, I can't tell you how typical this is or whether it's a seasonal thing.

1) tram is free

2) Columbus Cove is the best beach -- calm water, sandier bottom, palm trees for shade (Adrenaline Beach is on the other side of the peninsula and is wide open sunshine, has a lot of rocks and coral, and is not in a protected cove so the water is rougher)

3) sorry....no clue about the wave runners....the most I've ever rented there was a floating mat!

We have done the waverunners in Labadee. You cannot rent them and ride them on your own. You must do the waverunner excursion. A guide takes a group out, everyone in a line. They asked who wanted to go fast and who wanted to go slower. Faster riders were put in the front. It was alot of fun, and by no means a slow boring ride. We stopped in a cove and were told some of the history and culture of the area. Small boys in a canoe paddled out to sell us trinkets. We were given the opportunity to change our spot/speed in the line before continuing on. Lockers were available for our use while riding. I think we paid for them, can't remember how much.

Archived